BOULOGNE, France, June 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
1200 Billion Kilometres of Routes Calculated in Ten Years,
More than 8,000 Times the Distance of the Earth to the Sun!
A few months after its launch in France in May 2001, the ViaMichelin website was already recognised as a major player in digital mobility support services: 2 to 3 million visitors a month, 60,000 Newsletter subscribers to its Tourism, Gastronomy and Automobile magazine.
Ten years later, the ViaMichelin.com site is:
- Available in 8 languages (German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese)
- coverage of more than 90 countries worldwide,
- 2.7 billion total visits,
- 1,200 billion route kilometres calculated,
- More than 15 billion maps displayed,
- a record audience with more than 10 million visits for one week commencing 26th July 2010,
- 1.3 million subscribers for its Tourism, Gastronomy and Automobile magazine,
- almost 50,000 hotel room nights booked each month,
- a new travel channel (Travel.ViaMichelin.com) dedicated to the preparation of made-to-measure travel and based on the content of the Michelin Green Guide collection,
- a Facebook page « Michelin Travel » for sharing travel tips,
- specific features related to current events: the fall of the Berlin Wall, Winter Sports, Mondial de L'Automobile, World Cup football, etc.
Throughout the years, the editorial team has continued to enrich the content of the ViaMichelin website in order to enable web users to discover unusual regions and unearth exceptional products that are worth a detour.
ViaMichelin continues to develop its online and mobile support offerings in 2011, providing travel assistance services that will help users in their everyday lives, before and during their travels and upon arrival at a destination.
A 100% owned subsidiary of the Michelin Group, ViaMichelin designs, develops and markets digital products and services to support the mobility of road users in Europe. Building on a century of Michelin expertise in the field of travel, this activity, launched in 2001, addresses both business and the general public. It offers a comprehensive range of services (hotel booking, restaurants, traffic information, tourism, etc), accessible through multiple media: Internet, mobile phones including iPhones, navigation systems, etc. In 2010, a new travel channel entirely dedicated to made to measure travel preparation and based on the contents of the Michelin Green Guide was added to enrich the travel assistance website http://www.ViaMichelin.com