LIVERPOOL, England, Jan. 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 330 graduates from the University of Liverpool's online programmes celebrated their graduation during ceremonies and events in Liverpool on 7 and 8 December 2015. They are among over 830 fellow students, representing 124 countries, who have recently completed University of Liverpool masters, doctorates and postgraduate certificate programmes online. Graduates from online programmes have the option to receive their degree certificate in person, alongside campus graduates, at graduation ceremonies held twice a year at the University of Liverpool.
"Graduation is a very special occasion for us all at the University of Liverpool. We are very proud to welcome these new graduates from our online programmes to the University's global community of more than 195,000 alumni," said the University's Vice-Chancellor, Professor Janet Beer. "We share their excitement about their outstanding achievements and applaud their hard work, commitment and dedication."
In addition to attending their graduation ceremony, the graduates, their family and friends, as well as faculty members, were welcomed at the Online Graduates' Recognition Ceremony & Reception at the Lutyens Crypt on 7 December. The event honoured successful students from several online programmes receiving the Student of the Year and Dissertation of the Year awards, and provided an opportunity for all online graduates to meet and network with their peers from around the world.
The Student of the Year Awards – for outstanding performance throughout an online degree programme – were awarded to:
- Hussein Abbas, an MSc in Information Systems Management graduate from the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Clare Armstrong, a Master of Business Administration (MBA) graduate from the UK
- Luis Correal, an MSc in Project Management graduand from Canada*
- Stuart Fox, a Master of Business Administration (MBA) graduate from the UK
- Timea Keller, an MSc in Applied Psychology graduate from Switzerland
- Sheena Murphy, an MSc in Forensic Psychology and Criminal Investigation graduand from Canada*
- Elad Nakar, an MSc in Project Management graduate from Israel
- Aliaksei Patonia, an MSc International Management graduate from Belarus
- Kester Whitaker, an MSc in International Accounting and Finance graduate from the USA
- Christian Wiethuechter, an LLM in International Business Law graduate from the USA
The Dissertation of the Year Awards – for an outstanding dissertation – were awarded to:
- Asim Bashir, an MSc in Software Engineering graduate from the UAE
- Ilda Becirovic, an LLM in Technology Law & Intellectual Property Law graduate from Norway
- Sheena Murphy, who also received a Student of the Year award
- Lorna Renner, a Master of Public Health graduate from Ghana
- Sofia Vale Cruz, an MSc in Applied Psychology graduand from the USA*
*Graduating in 2016.
Designed for working professionals, the University of Liverpool's fully online learning model enables students to earn an advanced academic degree without interrupting their career – from wherever they are based in the world. Students enjoy an engaging, global and highly collaborative learning experience that provides them with the knowledge and skills to achieve immediate professional impact.
For more information about the University of Liverpool's online programmes, visit www.university-liverpool-online.com.
About the University of Liverpool Online Programmes
The University of Liverpool ranks in the top 1% of universities worldwide and is a member of the UK's Russell Group of research-led universities. More than 10,000 students from more than 160 countries are studying for postgraduate certificates, masters and doctoral degrees online with the University of Liverpool. These programmes are provided in partnership with online learning expert, Laureate Online Education (for more information about Laureate, visit www.laureate.net).
SOURCE University of Liverpool Online Programmes