LONDON, February 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Lloyds TSB and Halifax have announced plans to withdraw from the pet insurance market due to the rising cost of vet's fees.*
This could leave around 50,000 pet owners without cover and facing the prospect of paying for any vet's fees themselves.
This is because insurers won't cover pets with a pre-existing medical condition if you have previously claimed.
Many pets require ongoing treatment for common problems like arthritis and poor eye sight and vet's bills can soon mount up - a course of treatment from your vet can cost anywhere between £3 and £70.
And an accident, such as your dog being hit by a car, can result in multiple injuries that require treatments over a long period of time. It can cost anything from £45-£55 per x-ray and between £1,000-£2,000 for surgery. Bills quickly add up.**
This news highlights the importance of having good quality pet insurance from a provider you can trust.
With vet's fees continuing to rise, being able to rely on your insurance provider year after year can bring you valuable peace of mind.
Cover for your pet year after year
Many insurance providers will cover you up to a set amount for the lifetime of your pet. This means that once you reach your limit, you won't have any more cover, regardless of your pet's age.
John Lewis Pet Insurance will cover your pet year after year as long as you keep renewing your Pet Insurance policy with us. So if your cat or dog develops a lifelong illness, like arthritis, you can claim for that condition for as long as it lasts.
- Four levels of cover for vet's fees - from £2,000 to £10,000 per year so you can choose the right level for you and your pet.
- No upper age limit for vet's fees - we offer cover for pets from eight weeks old.
- We can arrange to pay your vet directly - so that you can focus on looking after you pet.
- Up to £1,000 cover for complementary treatments - such as physiotherapy, acupuncture and behavioural problems.
How to get a quote
It's simple to get a John Lewis Pet Insurance quote. Simply visit http://www.johnlewis-insurance.com/pet or call us on 0800 916 6830.
To make it as easy as possible here's a handy list of the details you'll need to know or have to hand:
• The pet's name, gender, breed and date of birth.
• The purchase price of the pet.
• Whether your pet has been chipped, tagged or neutered.
• Your own personal details, including name and address.
Terms, conditions, limitations, exclusions and eligibility criteria apply. A full copy of the policy wording and the insurance complaints procedure are available on request.
John Lewis Insurance is a trading name of John Lewis plc. John Lewis plc is an appointed representative of AXA Insurance UK plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
SOURCE John Lewis Insurance