GENEVA, March 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Today, the legendary German manufacturer Borgward announces its return to the circle of internationally renowned car makers.
- In front of a global media audience, Borgward present their exciting plans for the future on the first press day of the 85th Geneva International Motor Show.
- The newly formed organisation will establish its global headquarters in Stuttgart, Germany.
- A full range of innovative new Borgward cars will be launched in the years to come with the first model due to be unveiled at the 2015 International Motor Show Cars (IAA) in Frankfurt.
- Based on the company's historical commitment to technological innovation, a special emphasis will be put on e-mobility and the Borgward Multiple Interaction model.
- Cross reference: Picture is available at epa european pressphoto agency (http://www.epa.eu) and http://www.presseportal.de/pm/115998/ -
In its heyday, it employed 23,000 people. More than one million vehicles rolled off its production lines. Now, after a hiatus lasting more than half a century, one of the most revered names in the German car industry, Borgward, is back.
It's an unprecedented event in automotive history and represents the culmination of more than a decade's worth of groundwork by Christian Borgward, grandson of the legendary company founder Carl Friedrich Wilhelm Borgward, and the industrial Executive Karlheinz L. Knöss. "Inspired by my grandfather's example, we believe that, given the will to succeed, you can achieve anything," Christian Borgward says, as he presents his 21st century vision for this most remarkable of car companies. "We are rolling out Borgward cars that are worthy of the name because they are luxurious, inventive, and bold. Just like those of my grandfather."
The full press release is available here.
SOURCE BORGWARD AG