DUBLIN, Sept. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "The Market and Potential for Molecular Point of Care Diagnostics" report to their offering.
The molecular diagnostic market and the point-of-care (POC) testing markets are two of the fastest growing segments of the overall IVD market.
Historically, these have been completely different market segments. Not anymore. There has been a growing interest in developing molecular diagnostic platforms that can be used in POC settings. Indeed, as this new market research report details, the emerging area of rapid molecular POC testing has attracted over $650 million in investments and financings over the past five years (2009 to 2013).
The Market and Potential for Molecular Point of Care Diagnostics, offers a quantitative assessment of the molecular diagnostic market, and of the point-of-care (POC) testing market, and then looks at the emerging field of molecular diagnostic POC testing.
Many companies are developing molecular diagnostic platforms and assays that are designed to for near-patient or POC testing, and the earliest of these systems are starting to reach the market. The initial market focus for most of these companies is on infectious disease testing, where rapid test results generate important actionable information that physicians can use to make treatment decisions.
As part of this coverage, the report provides:
- Profiles of Molecular POC Companies and Products
- Investor Spending in Molecular POC
- Deals Made Recently in Point of Care
- Profiles of Key Companies in the Market
- Market Estimates for Molecular Diagnostics and POC Diagnostics 2013-2018
- Investments and Financing Agreements for POC Molecular
- Infectious Disease Diagnostics Opportunities
- Agreements Between with Other Diagnostic Companies
- Acquisitions of Molecular Diagnostic Near-Patient/Point-of-Care Companies
Advances in molecular diagnostic technologies, combined with advances in microfluidics and other instrumentation technologies, are making it possible to develop new platforms and tests that meet the needs of a true POC system.
Platforms for molecular diagnostic POC testing need to be small, portable, potentially hand-held, easy-to-use, and inexpensive. They need to be fully automated from sample to answer, so that they can be used by individuals who are not highly trained in molecular diagnostics or in laboratory testing in general.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter One: Executive Summary
Chapter Two: Introduction
Chapter Three: Advances In Molecular Diagnostic Technology
Chapter Four: Deals - Companies Targeting Molecular Point-Of Need/Point-Of-Care
Chapter Five: Current Markets
Chapter Six: market opportunities
Chapter Seven: Technology Developments And Progress To Date
Chapter Eight: Company Profiles
- Abacus Diagnostica Oy
- Access Bio, Inc.
- Ahram Biosystems, Inc.
- Akers Biosciences, Inc.
- Akonni Biosystems, Inc.
- Alere Inc.
- Analytik Jena AG
- Aquila Diagnostic Systems Inc.
- Atlas Genetics Ltd
- Atonomics A/S
- BD Diagnostics
- Biocartis SA
- BioFire Diagnostics, Inc.
- bioMérieux sa
- Canon U.S. Life Sciences
- Coris BioConcept
- Curetis AG
- DestiNA Genomics Ltd.
- Diagnostics for All (DFA)
- Diagnostics for the Real World, Ltd.
- DiaSorin S.p.A.
- Eiken Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Enigma Diagnostics Limited
- Espira, Inc.
- Focus Diagnostics, Inc.
- GenePOC Inc.
- Great Basin Corporation
- Instrumentation Laboratory
- IQuum, Inc.
- Life Technologies Corporation
- LiquiLume Diagnostics, Inc.
- Lumora Ltd
- Mast Group Ltd.
- MBio Diagnostics, Inc.
- Meridian Bioscience, Inc.
- Micronics Inc. (A Sony Group Company)
- Molbio Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd.
- MP Biomedicals, LLC
- MycroLab Diagnostics Pty Ltd.
- Nanobiosym (NBS)
- Nanobiosym Diagnostics (NBSDx)
- NanoBioSys Inc.
- NanoDetection Technology, Inc. (NDT)
- NanoIVD, Inc.
- Nanomix, Inc
- Nanosphere, Inc.
- NetBio, Inc.
- OptiGene Ltd.
- PositiveID Corporation
- QIAGEN N.V
- QuantuMDx Group
- Quidel Corporation
- Seegene, Inc.
- Spartan Bioscience Inc.
- Veredus Laboratories
- Wave 80 Biosciences
- Xagenic Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dt53wn/the_market_and
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets