LONDON, September 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
In the last year, over 60,000 unaccompanied minors from Central American nations have crossed the northern border into the United States. As Mexico's economy grows, the movement of people has become increasingly through Mexico, rather than from Mexico.
With this in mind, the MEXSEC conference, hosted by Defence IQ - a division of global events company IQPC - will focus on the region's border and internal security from a multidimensional perspective, specifically the measures to prevent crime, reduce risk and anticipate threats to the rights and safety of citizens.
This high-level forum will bring together senior diplomatic, defense, security and law enforcement professionals from Mexico with regional and international counterparts.
"The most effective way to disrupt and dismantle transnational organized crime and combat illicit flows is through a collaborative approach - industry, law enforcement, and military all working together. The conference will promote hemispheric security cooperation and highlight the importance of information sharing, inter-agency collaboration, training and capacity building."
- Alexander Stephenson, Summit Director
With representatives invited from all Mexican security institutions, senior level participation includes:
- Admiral Conrado Aparicio Blanco, Inspector General and Controller of the Navy, SEMAR
- Minister Celso Gamboa, Minister of Public Security, Costa Rica
- H.E. Ambassador Adam Blackwell, Secretary of Multidimensional Security, Organization of American States
- Ms. Caryn C. Hollis, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Counternarcotics and Global Threats, US Department of Defense
- Major General Rafael Melara Rivera, Chief of Defense, Armed Forces of El Salvador
- Police Commissioner Juan José Andrade, Director General of the Costa Rican Police, President of Ameripol
MEXSEC 14 will take place on December 10-11, 2014 in Cancun, Mexico. Find the full programme, speaker list and registration form at http://www.mexsec.com/news, call +44(0)20-7368-9737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Press are invited to attend this important industry forum. If you would like a complimentary press pass please email Caralina Wonnacott at Caralina.Wonnacott@iqpc.co.uk.
SOURCE Defence IQ