DUBLIN, Dec. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets
(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fx4bg3/the_global) has announced the addition of the "The Global Watermarking and Fingerprinting Markets" report to their offering.
This insight provides an overview of the global digital media watermarking and fingerprinting markets. Watermarking aims to control and monitor piracy by securely and invisibly embedding identifiable information into audio and/or video content. Fingerprinting enables content identification and facilitates content indexing for a variety of automation and measurement applications.
The study provides market sizes by revenue, short-term revenue forecasts, and base-year market shares. It also discusses significant trends, and the drivers and restraints that are expected to shape the markets. The base year is 2013; the forecast period is from 2014 to 2016.
- The watermarking market has been struggling for growth because a few vendors dominate it and rely primarily on licensing for their revenues.
- Watermarking is expected to grow in relevance as 4K content becomes more prevalent and closing the analog hole once again becomes a necessity.
- Fingerprinting is the key to automated workflows, improved asset management efficiency, and improved content analytics. While the segment remains a stronghold of homegrown and walled garden solutions, it is gradually approaching maturity.
- As with watermarking, core fingerprinting revenues are small and are closely tied to content identification and indexing databases. The broader ecosystem this technology enables is thriving.
- The rise of over-the-top (OTT) content consumption on unmanaged devices is driving uptake of both technologies in terms of application diversity and unit installations. Restraining factors include limited standalone market value and high fragmentation.
- This insight provides a quantitative analysis of both markets in the base year of 2013, with short-term forecasts for the core technology and the surrounding ecosystem.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
3. Analysis of the Watermarking Market
4. Analysis of the Fingerprinting Market
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fx4bg3/the_global
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets