DUBLIN, Sept. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "The Global Market for Medical Devices, 5th Edition" report to their offering.
The fifth edition of Global Market for Medical Devices presents an industry adjusting to challenges of reimbursement reductions and new taxes. New product innovations and mergers were part of the strategies companies adapted in order to compete. In the United States, the second year of collections on the medical device tax began, and the report describes the impact. In Europe as well as the United States, reimbursement challenges and the threat of new legislation loom. Emerging markets again helped to boost revenues elsewhere, but even some emerging nations saw growth rate reductions. Device manufacturers responded by boosting innovation and technology, finding new markets, and buying each other.
As part of the market analysis in this report, the following is included:
- Size and Forecast of the World Market for Medical Devices
- Index of 15 Important Medical Device Players: Performance 2012-2013, International Sales Focus, R&D Spending
- Regional Breakouts for US, Europe, Asia and Rest of World Regions
- Segment Markets (Catheters, GI, Orthopedic, MIS, Dialysis, Patient Monitoring, MRI, Ultrasound, X-Ray, Medical Beds, IOLs, Infusion Pumps, Stents, Respiratory, Point of Care Testing Devices, Other)
- Country Markets for US, UK, Australia, Brazil, Japan, Germany, China, Italy, France
- 36 Profiles of Key Medical Device Companies
- Mergers and Acquisitions in the Device Market
- New Product Launches, 2013
- Impact of US Medical Device Taxes
Company Market Share
Kalorama Information considers estimates of manufacturer revenues the most important and valid methodology for business planning. In many of the largest device markets, Kalorama Information has already conducted studies and has examined manufacturer revenue estimates, rendering the total market visible.
This report was assembled using data from Kalorama Information's previous medical device reports. Primary and secondary research was used. Research into company annual reports, trade publications, government and medical literature was used as a foundation. Interviews with executives at medical device companies were conducted and are the key source of estimates.
Key Topics Covered:
CHAPTER ONE: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
CHAPTER TWO: INTRODUCTION
CHAPTER THREE: MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
CHAPTER FOUR: SPECIFIC DEVICE MARKETS
CHAPTER FIVE: BELLWETHER COMPANIES
CHAPTER SIX: MARKET ANALYSIS
CHAPTER SEVEN: COMPANY PROFILES
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dvgnl2/the_global_market
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets