LONDON, February 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Exploring the beginnings of a global paradigm shift toward a value-based model of healthcare
Tweet your questions ahead of the event via @EconomistEvents #EconVBH
The Economist Events' Value-based Healthcare in Europe summit will gather together leading stakeholders and decision-makers from across the European healthcare field to share insights and foster dialogue on how global health systems need to adapt to the unprecedented rate of medical and technological innovation revolutionising the industry. It will examine potential advantages and practical difficulties of implementing a value-based model of healthcare across Europe.
This event will be held on Tuesday, March 1st 2016 at The Institute of Directors, St. James's, London, from 9am to 5pm.
Vivek Muthu, Chair of The Economist Intelligence Unit Healthcare commented: "The event is the culmination of a series of senior level round tables across Europe. It brings together high-level participants from across Europe, including: ministers, policy makers, regulators, payers, providers, industry and citizens. We'll be discussing how different countries within Europe are shaping up to the challenge of delivering better, sustainable healthcare, and how all stakeholders are responding to this shift. It's a privilege to be asked to chair this keynote meeting, on a topic about which I am personally so passionate. I look forward to a challenging, informative and constructive discussion."
Value-based healthcare is rapidly gaining traction across the continent as the desired path forward in improving health systems. This holistic approach critically intertwines wider patient and societal outcomes with spending and in doing so can often lead to both a more sustainable framework for payers and improved care for citizens. Vital questions in this discussion include: How do we define and measure value? Can we create new mechanisms to finance innovation? How can we refocus healthcare systems to incorporate transformative treatments? What policies can we put in place at a national level to facilitate a global move towards value-based healthcare?
George Freeman MP, Minister for Life Sciences, Department of Health and Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, UK will provide the opening remarks and will be joined by:
- Josep Maria Argimon, Director, The Agency for Healthcare Quality and Evaluation (AQuAS)
- Richard Bergström, Director General, European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA)
- Finn Børlum Kristensen, Secretariat Director, European Network for HTA (EUnetHTA)
- Jens Deerberg-Wittram, Executive Director, The Boston Consulting Group
- Markus Frick, Managing Director Assessment and Healthcare System, Verband Forschender Arzneimittelhersteller (Association of Research-Based Pharmaceutical Companies)
- Muir Gray, Director, Better Value Healthcare, Former Chief Knowledge Officer, National Health Service, Professor of Knowledge Management, University of Oxford
- Bengt Jönsson, Professor of Health Economics, Stockholm School of Economics
- Stefan Kapferer, Deputy Secretary-General, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Daniel Lavanchy, Healthcare Consultant, Former Head of the Global Influenza Program and Smallpox Program, World Health Organization
- Beatrice Lorenzin, Minister of Health, Italy
- John Milligan, President and Chief Operating Officer, Gilead Sciences
- Brieuc Van Damme, Deputy Head of Cabinet, Ministry of Social Affairs and Public Health, Belgium
For more information and to view the full programme please visit: http://www.VBH.economist.com
Follow the VBH in Europe summit via @EconomistEvents #EconVBH on Twitter to get the latest updates, submit your questions, and join in with discussions on the day.
Want more from The Economist Events?
Join us on Twitter: @EconomistEvents
About The Economist Events
The Economist Events is the leading provider of international forums for senior executives seeking new insights into strategic issues. These meetings include industry conferences, management events and government roundtables held around the world. As part of The Economist Group,
The Economist Events is a highly respected brand with a 162-year history and an unrivalled reputation for excellence and independence. Each meeting organised by The Economist Events delivers objective and informed analysis. Our meetings provide unusually high-level forums where senior executives can gain insights, exchange views and compare strategies.
Attend our events: http://www.economist.com/events
Event sponsor: Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, inflammatory and respiratory diseases, and cardiovascular conditions.
About Consilium Strategic Communications
Consilium is an international advisory firm specialising in healthcare strategic communications. From offices in London and the US, Consilium's highly-skilled team provides long-term advice to healthcare companies, Boards, senior decision makers and executives on critical communications programmes, investor relations and stakeholder challenges.
For further information on event registration or to request interviews with any of the speakers at the Value-based Healthcare in Europe conference, please contact Consilium Strategic Communications, Official Press Office for The Economist Healthcare Events:
Lindsey Neville / Hendrik Thys
For general queries or further information about the event please call +44(0)-207-576-8118 or e-mail email@example.com.
SOURCE The Economist Events