LONDON, February 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
What does Pharma need to do to survive?
Tweet your questions ahead of The Pharma Summit 2014 via @EI_Healthcare
The annual The Economist Events' Pharma Summit will be held in London on Thursday, March 13 2014. The Summit will be held at The Dorchester Hotel, London from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
The Pharma Summit, now in its 20th year, will host diverse discussions surrounding the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries as attention turns to the ever evolving global economy and the implications of current models in the sector. This year's theme, 'Reinventing Business Models and Markets', will observe the challenges the industry is facing as we assess the future of life science-based innovations.
Bruno Strigini, a panel speaker and President, MSD, Europe/Canada, commented: "It is important to maintain a strong and open dialogue to ensure that we adapt our business models to the ever-changing external environment. With a mix of pharma experts, government officials, senior business leaders and patient representatives from across the UK and Europe, I look forward to this year's Economist Pharma Summit where we will debate the pressing issues facing the industry."
The event will focus on a number of topical issues, such as the emergence and implications of Big Data in biotechnology, the growth opportunities within frontier markets and accessing new sustainable business models for the industry.
Key speakers at the Summit include:
- Elias Zerhouni, Member of the Executive Committee and the Global Leadership Team and President R&D, Sanofi
- Sir Andrew Dillon, Chief Executive, National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- Richard Bergström, Director General, European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA)
- Bruno Strigini, President, Europe and Canada, MSD
- Geno Germano, Group President of the Global Innovative Pharma Business, Pfizer
- Joseph Herring, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Covance
- Roch Doliveux, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Executive Committee, UCB
- Ulf Wiinberg, Chief Executive Officer, Lundbeck
- Michael Simpson, Chief Executive Officer, Caradigm
- Vivek Muthu, Healthcare Director, The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) and Chief Executive Officer & Founder, Bazian
- Patrick Flochel, Global Pharmaceutical Sector Leader, EY
- Stephen McGarry, Managing Director, Head of Global Healthcare Research, Société Générale
- Mene Pangalos, Executive Vice-president, Innovative Medicines and Early Development, AstraZeneca
- Francesco de Rubertis, Partner, Index Ventures
- Denis McCauley, Editorial Director EMEA, The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)
- John Milad, Chief Executive Officer, Quanta Fluid Solutions
- John Parkinson, Director, Clinical Practice Research Datalink
- Stephen Friend, President, Co-founder and Director, Sage Bionetworks
- Richard Price, Chief Executive Officer, Academia.edu
- Martin Coulter, Chief Executive Officer, PatientsLikeMe
- Josep Figueras, Director, European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies
- Andrew Hessel, Distinguished Research Scientist, Autodesk Research
For more information and to view the full programme please visit: http://www.thepharmasummit.com
Follow The Pharma Summit via @EI_Healthcare #pharmasummit on Twitter to get the latest updates, submit your questions, and join in with discussions on the day.
Want more from The Economist Events?
Join us on Twitter: @EconInsights
About The Economist Events
The Economist Events' philosophy is to tackle issues with a forward-looking, uniquely global perspective. We aim to create events for the intellectually curious: people who enjoy ideas and who are passionate about the issues that define our world.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients.
For more information about our organization, please visit http://www.ey.com
About Consilium Strategic Communications
Consilium Strategic Communications is a global leader in healthcare communications. Consilium's highly-skilled team provides strategic, long-term advice to corporations, Boards, senior decision makers and executives on critical communications programmes and stakeholder challenges. The Company has established deep knowledge across all areas of the global healthcare sector through broad experience in representing international clients spanning the Fortune 500, FTSE100, FTSEurofirst 300 and FTSE250, through to discrete specialist reputation management projects.
For further information on event registration or to request interviews with any of the speakers at The Pharma Summit 2014, please contact Consilium Strategic Communications, Official Press Office for The Economist Healthcare Events:
Lindsey Neville, Melissa Jumbo or Liza Carr
For general queries or further information about the event please call +44(0)207-576-8118 or e-mail email@example.com
SOURCE The Economist Pharma Summit