TURKU, Finland, May 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Teleste expands its product offering with new DOCSIS 3.1-compliant solutions and products.
At ANGA COM 2014, Teleste, a leading provider of video and broadband technologies and related services, will announce several new products and solutions that will help cable operators and service providers on the evolutionary road to implement the upcoming DOCSIS 3.1 standard. ANGA COM 2014 will take place 20-22 May in Cologne, Germany. Teleste invites you to visit us at stand E19 in hall 10.2 and find out more about our solution for future networks.
With ever-increasing consumer demand for more broadband speed, moving towards a DOCSIS 3.1-compliant network infrastructure is a rational, evolutionary path for cable operators. Reaching up to 1.2 GHz downstream and 200 MHz upstream frequencies, DOCSIS 3.1 offers cable operators several important benefits, such as greater broadband capacity with support for up to 50% more data throughput over the same spectrum. For consumers, DOCSIS 3.1 networks make it possible to enjoy speeds of up to 10Gbps at home.
At ANGA COM 2014, Teleste will introduce several new products for improving network capacity and evolving networks towards the upcoming DOCSIS 3.1 standard. The key announcements for the show include:
DOCSIS 3.1-compliant access products
- Teleste AC1500 and AC2500 amplifiers for DOCSIS 3.1 environments: Teleste's new AC1500 distribution and A2500 distribution trunk amplifiers take full advantage of the DOCSIS 3.1 standard. They ensure that the downstream frequency band reaches up to 1.2 GHz and that the upstream can be easily upgraded to 200 MHz.
- Teleste ACE8 node with wireless management and Teleste AC810 fibre optic node: Teleste's award-winning DOCSIS 3.1 node ACE8 has been enhanced with USB and wireless Bluetooth connectivity, making it easy to configure even on the site. Combined with the new CATVisor Commander Android application for tablets and smartphones, network device management is now possible even via your personal mobile device! At our stand, you are welcome to try out a beta version of the application. You are also welcome to learn more about the Teleste AC810, a 1.2 GHz optical node that will strengthen our portfolio of DOCSIS 3.1-compliant nodes.
- 3D line is a new family of RF passives. Succeeding Teleste's Digital line passives, the 3D line offers DOCSIS 3.1 compliancy with a frequency rate up to 1.2 GHz.
- BarrIER® technology: With the upcoming DOCSIS 3.1 standard and new LTE networks, broadband cable operators are battling the increasing problem of ingress/egress noise in their networks. BarrIER® is a technology that provides a cost-effective solution for reducing ingress/egress issues within the in-home access networks.
You are welcome to learn more about BarrIER® technology on Wednesday, 21 May, at the ANGA COM 2014 Congress! Keith Mothersdale, Head of Engineering of Passives and Indoor Solutions for Teleste, will give a presentation at the International Technological Summit on Ingress/Egress/LTE: The Imperative to improve the In-Home Interconnect.
Other products for access networks
- DOCSIS Access Hub (DAH) is now available for shipping. The first deliveries and installations to live networks have already begun with enthusiastic response from our customers. Designed for distributed CMTS architecture, DAH makes it possible to bring fibre-level connections to network subscribers by utilizing existing coaxial cabling inside apartment buildings.
- Teleste Luminato represents the highest reliability and best usability in the headend market. It is trusted by various cable TV and IPTV operators and Telcos, with varying feature demands. There are thousands of appliances currently operating around the world, serving subscribers with tens of thousands of channels around the clock. Yet, less than 0.3% of the devices have ever needed to be repaired.
- Teleste will be introducing the Teleste Palomino, an IP-to-analogue TV converter that provides a high-quality analogue TV signal in various modulation standards. The fully digital design ensures top-class performance and operation under every condition.
Professional services offering
- Teleste celebrates 5 years of operation of its Network Services Division in 2014. During this time Teleste Network Services has established itself as the leading network services provider in Germany and a trusted partner for many major European cable and FttX operators. In addition, Teleste will bring forward our dedicated product support services, which help our customer save on costs and improve their quality. Whether in need of network maintenance, design, installation or operating services, you are welcome to find out what our professional teams can do for you!
"Consumer demand for higher broadband speeds has been constantly growing for several years. More and more network capacity is required especially for streaming video, and the upcoming DOCSIS 3.1 standard addresses that demand. However, pressure to ensure high quality of services is at the same time increasing. Teleste noticed these trends at an early stage and has already invested in solutions and products that help our customers increase both network capacity and resilience to signal distruptions, thus resulting in premium service quality and a decrease in operating costs. With the help of our significant experience in the cable industry, we are striving to help our customers keep ahead of the tightening competition.", said Hanno Narjus, Senior Vice President of Video and Broadband Solutions for Teleste.
Press materials can be downloaded from http://www.teleste.com/anga.
Teleste is an international technology company that develops and offers video and broadband technologies and related services. Our supply of technology contributes to the convenience and safety of daily living. Our core business is video - image and data processing, transfer and management. Our customer base consists of cable and telecom operators, as well as public sector organizations. Our business is divided into two divisions, which are Video and Broadband Solutions and Network Services. In both areas, we rank among the world's leading companies and technological forerunners. Video and Broadband Solutions focuses on access networks and product solutions in video surveillance applications. Network Services offers comprehensive services for network design, construction and maintenance. In 2013, Teleste's net sales totalled EUR 192.8 million, and the company employed about 1,300 people. Teleste runs a worldwide network of offices and more than 90% of its sales are generated outside Finland. The company is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Ltd. For more information see http://www.teleste.com and follow @telestecorp on Twitter.
SOURCE Teleste Corporation