STOCKHOLM, Jan 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
"I am immensely proud of the whole Tele2 team and the continuing momentum we are seeing across our footprint. Looking forward we remain single mindedly focused on data monetization in both our established and investment markets. 2017 will see continued disciplined investment in both our Dutch mobile business and in the ramp-up of the integration of TDC Sweden. Our guidance and revised dividend policy reflect the evolving nature of the Group and the confidence we have in the delivery of long term value creation for our shareholders, customers and employees."
- Tele2 AB's net sales for the fourth quarter amounted to SEK 8,217 (6,943) million and EBITDA amounted to SEK 1,459 (1,337) million
- Continued mid-single digit mobile-end user service revenue growth
- Sweden and Baltics mobile end-user service revenue up 4 percent (excl. TDC) and 12 percent respectively
- Netherlands mobile base surpasses 1 million customers
- Strong EBITDA growth of 4 percent
- Net loss in the quarter, mainly related to restructuring and integration
- TDC acquisition completed on October 31, 2016
- Rights Issue finalized. Total amount of SEK 2,910 million after transaction costs
- The Board of Directors recommend a dividend for 2016 of SEK 5.23 per share and expect to propose a dividend for 2017 of SEK 4.00 per share.
The full year and fourth quarter report is available on www.tele2.com
Presentation full year and Q4 2016 result
Tele2 will host a presentation with the possibility to join through a conference call, for the global financial community at 10:00 am CET (09:00 am GMT/04:00 am EST) on Thursday, January 26, 2017. The presentation will be held in English and also made available as a webcast on Tele2's website: www.tele2.com
To ensure that you are connected to the conference call, please dial in a few minutes before the start of the conference call to register your attendance. Ask for the Tele2 Q4 Interim Report 2016.
Sweden: +46(0)8 5033 6539
United Kingdom: +44(0)20 3427 1901
USA: +1646 254 3363
For more information, please contact:
Press Inquiries, Tele2 AB,
Phone: +46 704 26 41 42
IR Inquiries, Tele2 AB,
Phone: +46 704 26 45 19
This information is information that Tele2 AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 07:00 CET on January 26, 2016.
TELE2 IS ONE OF EUROPE'S FASTEST GROWING TELECOM OPERATORS, ALWAYS PROVIDING CUSTOMERS WITH WHAT THEY NEED FOR LESS. We have 17 million customers in 9 countries. Tele2 offers mobile services, fixed broadband and telephony, data network services, content services and global IoT solutions. Ever since Jan Stenbeck founded the company in 1993, it has been a tough challenger to the former government monopolies and other established providers. Tele2 has been listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm since 1996. In 2016, Tele2 had net sales of SEK 28 billion and reported an operating profit (EBITDA) of SEK 5.3 billion. For definitions of measures, please see the last page of the Annual report 2015.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download:
SOURCE Tele2 AB