LONDON, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
More and more people are using social networks, smartphones and 'everywhere technology' to cheat on spouses and business associates, says newly launched MyCheating, a national firm of private investigators who help people root out dishonest partners.
According to MyCheating (http://www.mycheating.com), information technology is now so deeply integrated into our daily lives that people have become too trusting and cavalier with personal information. As a consequence fraud and infidelity are on the rise.
The new network's research reveals:
- Facebook was cited as the reason for a third of divorces in 2011
- There's been a huge spike in female membership among married women aged 30+ on UK 'cheating websites' since the 2012 'Fifty Shades/Mummy Porn' phenomenon.
- 15m people are users of online dating sites in UK - yet there are only 11.2 million single people in the country
- 6.3m Britons log onto dating websites every month
- I in 5 couples now meet online yet a third of all online daters admit they've lied when writing their profile
- Up to 200,000 people in UK were caught in online dating scams in 2011 losing between £50 and £250,000 and a total of £8 million
- The National Fraud Authority (2012) estimates that fraud costs in the UK equate to over £78 billion a year
Victoria Coxen, co-founder at MyCheating, said: "The Internet, and specifically social networks, have changed the way we interact with each other. And one of the negative consequences is that it has become easier for people to cheat. Social media and technological advancements have put temptation at our fingertips, and this is demonstrated by the meteoric rise in extra-marital encounters.
"MyCheating isn't just about catching people out but helping in situations that arise in life that would be a lot easier to deal with if you had all the information at hand. All of our investigators are fully trained to be extremely discreet we will deliver the facts as we find them, without judgement, to empower you with the knowledge to make a positive decision."
MyCheating will offer a range of professional, reputable, confidential and trustworthy services that guarantees quality, timely information for transparent prices. Initial investigative services covers infidelity; online dating; missing person checks; neighbourhood checks and teenage monitoring.