Strong educational focus on best practices, security, staffing, emerging tech, and more
LONDON, Sept. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Managed services providers (MSPs) and others who attend the 2018 CompTIA EMEA Member and Partner Conference next month will have access to comprehensive educational programming that can help them run their technology business more efficiently and profitably.
The theme for this year's event, set for 16th and 17th October in London, is "The Business of Technology."
"Technology businesses face a host of challenges and opportunities in today's marketplace," said Kelly Ricker, executive vice president for events and education at CompTIA. "Whether it's evaluating new and emerging technologies; keeping pace with the latest cybersecurity threats; or strategizing on how to stay fully staffed with the right mix of people, it's a lot for any business to contend with."
"At our EMEA Member and Partner Conference we intend to bring a sense of order and understanding to these discussions," she continued. "Attendees will leave the conference equipped with actionable advice and prescriptive solutions that they can ingrain into their business and position themselves for greater success."
Conference sessions in the Business of Technology track include:
- MSP Best Practices with Robert Gibbons, director, Think4 IT Solutions Ltd.
- MSP to MSSP, presented by Ian Thornton-Trump, cyber vulnerability and threat hunting lead for Ladbrokes Coral Group PLC.
- Making Sense of the Skills Gap, featuring Tim Herbert, CompTIA's senior vice president for research and market intelligence, who'll discuss new research and approaches to tackling the tech skills gap.
- Your MSP Exit Strategy: Maximising Valuation
- The Impact of Emerging Technologies on Security, led by Scott Barlow, vice president of global MSP for Sophos Inc., and Chris Ward, director, Vermont Systems. They will lead an engaging discussion on how technologies, such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, autonomous vehicles, and the Internet of Things are impacting the approach IT security.
The CompTIA EMEA Member and Partner Conference is intended for anyone involved in the business of technology; whether it's selling technology solutions or training and teaching tech skills. Executives from technology solution provider companies, vendors, distributors, training companies, academies, and content publishers will meet for two days of discussions, learning and networking.
For training and academic partners, the conference will include a comprehensive update on CompTIA's market-leading certification program for IT professionals.
To register for the 2018 CompTIA EMEA Member and Partner Conference, or for more information, visit https://www.comptia.org/emea/home.
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) is a leading voice and advocate for the $4.8 trillion global information technology ecosystem; and the more than 35 million industry and tech professionals who design, implement, manage, and safeguard the technology that powers the world's economy. Through education, training, certifications, advocacy, philanthropy, and market research, CompTIA is the hub for advancing the tech industry and its workforce. Visit www.comptia.org to learn more.
AprilSix Proof (for CompTIA)
+44(0)20 3141 2986
00 1 630 678 8468