BRUSSELS, March 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
EIT Digital today released its 2016 Annual Report. Titled "Sustained Impact," the report sets out EIT Digital's achievements across its pan-European Ecosystem in the areas of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, and Entrepreneurial Education.
Key 2016 highlights:
- 26 new partners added to the consortium-of which 22 were industrial partners-resulting in a total of over 130 partners in 10 European countries
Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- 9 new companies created
- 75 products and services commercially launched
- Over 120 startups coached by the EIT Digital Accelerator
- €22m in capital raised for Accelerator-supported startups
- More than 500 students enrolled in one of eight Master programmes
- 30 new students joined the Doctoral School bringing the total number of enrolled students to over 140 studying in seven countries
- Over 20 courses launched for professional students
- Over 20,000 learners in one of 25 Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC)
EIT Digital CEO Willem Jonker said:
"As we prepare to host our 2017 Annual Conference on March 21, it's good to reflect on both our challenges and achievements of the past year. A year that saw us sign a new seven-year Framework Partnership Agreement with European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT). We also launched our Strategic Innovation Agenda 2017 - 2019, which will guide our growth and development as an organisation. We saw a continued stream of entrepreneurial graduates from our education programmes and greater market uptake of the products and services coming out of our Innovation Activities. It was also a year that saw us add even more scaleups to our Accelerator portfolio.
"It was a year where our organisation, our people and our network of partners all went from strength to strength. As now we look ahead to the even greater heights we want to attain this year, we do so knowing that we are starting from a strong foundation in which our 2016 achievements form a large part."
Download 2016 Annual Report here.
About EIT Digital
EIT Digital is the leading European open innovation organisation. Our mission is to foster digital technology innovation and entrepreneurial talent for economic growth and quality of life in Europe. We bring together a partnership of over 130 top European corporations, SMEs, start-ups, universities and research institutes. EIT Digital is a Knowledge and Innovation Community of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT).
Head of Communications EIT Digital
E : email@example.com
SOURCE EIT Digital