- Server Platforms Provide Virtualized GPU Clusters with NVIDIA GRID K1 and K2
SAN JOSE, California, March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing, is exhibiting its range of GPU optimized platforms at the 2013 NVIDIA GPU Technology Conference (GTC 2013) in San Jose, CA this week. At the show, Supermicro will exhibit its extensive line of FatTwin™ and SuperServer® GPU platforms, including the industry's only 1U 3x NVIDIA GRID™ K2 qualified SuperServer® (SYS-1027GR-TRF).
Live systems featuring NVIDIA GRID K1 and K2 boards will demonstrate how NVIDIA Kepler™ architecture-based technology maximizes server utilization and, when scaled out, can support over 600 users per 42U rack in existing reference designs, and with a forthcoming 4U FatTwin configuration can support 1,800+ users per rack. Combined with increased security and system manageability, NVIDIA GRID delivers the most flexible, accelerated VDI experience for end users. In addition to the demos, Supermicro executives will present strategies and server architecture designs to consider when selecting GPU platforms for HPC, cloud and workstation applications.
"Supermicro is a leader in GPU computing solutions," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "We truly focus on hardware optimization to maximize performance per watt, per dollar, per square foot. With platforms ranging from 12 GPUs in our 4U power saving FatTwin to the widest variety of 3U, 2U and 1U SuperServer solutions, Supermicro has the reach to provide the absolute best GPU cluster solutions quickly for any customer requirement. With virtualization at the forefront of this year's GTC, Supermicro will be showing our expertise and readiness for this new revolution in GPU computing."
"NVIDIA and Supermicro are bringing to market a high-density server platform for virtual desktops and applications," said Ed Ellett, Senior Vice President of NVIDIA's Professional Solutions Business. "The Supermicro servers set a new standard for high-density NVIDIA GRID deployments, delivering high user densities with maximized performance, power conservation and ROI, thus removing conventional barriers to VDI deployments."
FatTwin Power Efficient GPU Computing (SYS-F627G3-FT+)
- 12x GRID K1 in 4U supporting 1,800+ users per 42U rack coming soon
- Resource sharing, optimized cooling architecture for maximum power efficiency
- Redundant Platinum Level high efficiency (94%+) power supplies and heavy duty 8cm rear fans
GPU Accelerated VDI
- 1U GPU SuperServer® (SYS-1027GR-TRF) supporting 3x double-width GPUs, only 1U NVIDIA GRID K2 solution on the market
- 1U GPU SuperServer® (SYS-1027GR-TRF+) supporting 2x double-width GPUs and 16x DIMMS up to 512GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC RDIMMs
- 2U GPU SuperServer® (SYS-2027GR-TRF/TRFH) supporting 4x/6x double-width GPUs
- 3U GPU SuperServer® (SYS-6037R-72RFT+) supporting 2x double-width GPUs, 24x DIMMs up to 768GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC RDIMMs, H/W RAID and optional Battery Backup Power (BBP™) module
- 4U/Tower (SYS-7047GR-TPRF) 4x NVIDIA GRID K2, 2x 150W CPU support, 3x additional PCI-E slots in addition to 4x GPUs, passive cooled with 4x rear fans
NVIDIA® Maximus™ 2.0 Certified Workstations
- SuperWorkstation (SYS-7047GR-TRF) 1x NVIDIA Kepler K5000 GPU for accelerating design and visualization tasks and 3x NVIDIA Kepler K20C GPUs to handle simultaneous compute-intensive tasks such as simulation and rendering
- Additional Maximus Certified SuperWorkstations - SYS-7047A-T, SYS-7047A-73, SYS-7037A-i, SYS-5037A-i
Visit Supermicro at GTC in San Jose, CA March 18th through the 21st at the McEnery Convention Center in Booth 207 & 306 or browse Supermicro's total line of high performance, high-efficiency server and storage solutions at www.supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, FatTwin, SuperServer, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Super Micro Computer, Inc.