- New Product Lines Support Future Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 V3 Product Family
SAN JOSE, California, May 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing, today announced new compact high-density server solutions that will support Intel's highly anticipated future Xeon® Processor E3-1200 V3 product family. Supermicro uni-processor (UP) server solutions will bring to market higher performance with increased energy efficiency through improved system, cooling and power architectures and integration of Intel's latest processor microarchitecture based on 22nm 3-D Tri-Gate technology. MicroCloud, one of Supermicro's most innovative, high-density UP server solutions will feature support for the future Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 V3 family in 12 node (SYS-5038ML-H12TRF) and 8 node (SYS-5038ML-H8TRF) configurations at launch with a 24 node solution around the corner.
"Supermicro focuses on offering the greatest selection of computing, storage and networking solutions with maximum performance per watt, per dollar," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "With the coming launch of Intel's new processors, Supermicro brings to market new server solutions such as our 3U 8, 12 and coming 24 node MicroCloud providing customers flexibility to deploy exactly the most optimized compute and storage solutions for any given application. With our new, higher density Haswell based products, customers can maximize space and power utilization for greater operational savings."
"Supermicro's ground breaking MicroCloud server solution is enabling Phoenix NAP to offer future Intel E3 processors starting on June 2. MicroCloud's modular, easily serviced, compact footprint provides us the performance, power efficiency and scalability needed to reach our aggressive price points while maintaining optimal customer experience. These benefits were exponentially multiplied as we have now expanded our business globally and are deploying hundreds of MicroCloud's a month for our customers worldwide," said Jordan Jacobs, vice president, product development at Phoenix NAP. "We have made a considerable investment in Supermicro server technologies over the years and as always, they are ahead of the curve bringing servers with the latest Intel processors to market when we need them most."
Supermicro Server Highlights Supporting Future Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 V3 Family
- 3U MicroCloud in 12 node (SYS-5038ML-H12TRF) and 8 node (SYS-5038ML-H8TRF) configurations feature independent hot-swappable nodes, each supporting future Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 V3 series processor, 32GB memory, 2x 3.5" or optional 4x 2.5" HDDs and MicroLP expansion
- 1U Mainstream UP server workhorse (5018D-MTF) with 4x 3.5" hot-swap drive bays, full-height expansion on PCI-E x16 (x8 signal), dual GbE NIC, and IPMI 2.0
- 1U High reliability server (5018D-MTRF) with 4x 3.5" hot-swap drive bays, full-height expansion on PCI-E x16 (x8 signal), dual GbE NIC, IPMI 2.0, and 400W redundant power with option for Battery Backup Power (BBP®) module
- 1U Network-centric server (5018D-MTLN4F) with 4x 3.5" hot-swap drive bays, full-height expansion on PCI-E x16, IPMI 2.0, and Quad GbE NIC
- 1U Compact, short-depth server appliance (5018D-MF) less than 15" depth, supporting 2x internal 3.5" drives or optionally up to 4x 2.5" drives, full-height expansion on PCI-E x16 (x8 signal), and IPMI 2.0
- 1U Storage-focused server (1018D-73MTF) with 8x 2.5" hot-swap bays, supporting SAS2/SATA3 from LSI S2308 controller with optional RAID 0, 1, 10, full-height expansion on PCI-E x16 (x8 signal), dual GbE NIC, and IPMI 2.0
Visit www.supermicro.com to learn more about Supermicro's comprehensive selection of high performance, high-efficiency server, storage and networking solutions.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, SuperServer, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
About Phoenix NAP
Phoenix NAP®, a full service data center and primary network access point (NAP) offering cloud services, dedicated server hosting, colocation, and infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) technology solutions leads the path through its innovation and vastly redundant data center systems. Our highly personalized approach ensures that all of your requirements are met. Whether it's high-density colocation, flexible storage, physical servers or cloud services, our enterprise-grade facility and certified NOC technicians supply IT solutions to fit your every need. For more information, visit the company's website at www.phoenixnap.com. For the latest news be sure to follow Phoenix NAP on Twitter and Like us on Facebook!
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Super Micro Computer, Inc.