-- Industry's Broadest Portfolio of Infrastructure Building Block Solutions Combined with Red Hat Open Source Software Technologies Enable Innovation in Enterprise and Cloud Scale Applications
SAN JOSE, California, June 25, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing announces new initiatives with Red Hat to deliver Open Source optimized solutions across its portfolio of computing and storage platforms. Supermicro's expanding range of Red Hat solutions will support Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 for open hybrid cloud and enterprise workloads across converged infrastructures. Supermicro's solutions leverage Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platforms to offer a fully integrated, optimized foundation for building OpenStack cloud infrastructure with maximized performance, scalability and security. Supermicro's solutions optimized for Red Hat Ceph offer durable, software-defined, scale-out storage platforms in 1U/2U/4U/42U form factors and are designed to maximize performance, density, and capacity. Combined with Supermicro's server management software and global support services, customers worldwide have access to a new, comprehensive suite of highly scalable, end-to-end infrastructure solutions that deliver maximum value and dependability with lowest overall total cost of ownership.
"Supermicro's server, storage, and networking solutions are redefining the formula for efficient, scalable computing," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Our model of providing the widest selection of platforms in Ultra, TwinPro, FatTwin, MicroCloud, MicroBlade, and SuperBlade with dedicated server management software and global support services offer maximum flexibility for configuring exactly the best cloud-scale infrastructure solutions. Combined with our innovations in Green Computing and expanding Red Hat initiatives, we are unrivaled in the industry with best-in-class open source solutions that offer the highest levels of performance, per watt, per dollar for lowest overall TCO."
"Red Hat is a driving force behind adoption of open source technologies that power the majority of Fortune 500 companies," said Ranga Rangachari, vice president and general manager, Storage and Big Data, Red Hat. "Collaboration with Supermicro will benefit our partners and any sized business, enterprise or cloud scale environment with a wider range of platforms and services optimized to provide high performance, density and flexibility for an increased ROI."
Supermicro SuperServer® Solutions for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platforms
1U/2U Ultra SuperServers – Performance, Flexibility, Scalability and ReliabilityDual Intel® Xeon®
- E5-2600 v3 (up to 36 cores and 160W TDP), 3TB DDR4 2133MHz in 24x DIMMs, 2.5" hot-swap NVMe SSD 2x in 1U, 4x in 2U, SATA3 and SAS3 12Gb/s support, up to 8x PCI-E 3.0 slots in 2U, 10GBase-T and 10G SFP+ support, IPMI 2.0 + KVM with dedicated LAN, redundant Titanium level high-efficiency (96%+) digital power supplies
- Dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 (up to 36 cores and 145W TDP), up to 1TB DDR4, 2133MHz LRDIMM in 16x DIMMs, PCI-E 3.0 x16, PCI-E 3.0 x8 LP (2U TwinPro™), and "0 slot" flexible rear expansion for add-on card solutions such as PCI-E SSD, 10GbE with SFP+, or GPU/Xeon Phi; 10GBase-T, InfiniBand, or Gigabit Ethernet networking options; up to 4x NVMe and 8x SAS3 12Gbps 2.5" hot-swap SSDs per node; co-processor support (2U TwinPro™); IPMI 2.0 + KVM with dedicated LAN; SATA DOM power connector; TPM 1.2 header; and redundant Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%+) digital power supplies
4U FatTwin™ – High-density 8/4/2 hot-plug node SuperServers
- Dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 (up to 36 cores and 145W TDP), up to 1TB DDR4 2133MHz Reg. ECC in 16x DIMMs, PCI-E 3.0, up to 8x 3.5" hot-swap HDD bays per U in 4U 4-node or up to 6x double-width NVIDIA® GPU/Intel® Xeon® Phi Coprocessor per node in 4U 2-node configuration NVMe, SAS3 12Gbps, SATA3 6Gb/s, GbE, 10GBase-T, IPMI 2.0 with KVM over dedicated LAN, redundant Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%+) digital power supplies.
3U MicroCloud – 24/12/8 hot plug node SuperServers
- Nodes support Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2/v3, Intel® Atom™ processor C2750 SoC (20W, 8-Core), E3-1200 v2/v3/v4 family, Intel® 4th/5th Gen Core™ socket H3 from 13W to 84W, AMD Opteron™ 3000 series (3300 ready) processor, 8/4-Core; Socket AM3+, up to 256GB LRDIMM, 128GB RDIMM, up to 2133MHz DDR4 ECC or up to 64GB DDR3 VLP ECC UDIMM 1600MHz support, 2x 3.5" hot-swap SATA3/SAS, 2x 2.5" SATA3 HDD/SSDs or 2x 3.5" SATA3; optional kit for 4x 2.5" SATA (2x SATA3 + 2x SATA3) HDDs, Low-profile PCI-E x8 expansion support, IPMI 2.0 with KVM over dedicated LAN, redundant 1620W Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%+) digital power supplies
6U MicroBlade – Powerful, flexible and extreme-density, all-in-one total system that features 112/56/28 hot-swappable MicroBlade server nodes
- Supports DP/UP Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3, E3-1200 v4, D-1500, or Intel® Atom™ C2000 processors, and up to 4 HDDs/SSDs and a SATADOM per server. MicroBlade enclosure can incorporate up to 2 Chassis Management Modules, and up to 4/2x 10/2.5/1/GbE SDN switches for efficient, high-bandwidth communications. It can incorporate up to 8x redundant (N+1 or N+N) 2000W/1600W Titanium/Platinum Level high-efficiency (96%/95%) power supplies with cooling fans
3U MicroBlade – New, powerful, flexible and extreme-density, all-in-one total system that features 56/28/14 hot-swappable MicroBlade server nodes
- Supports Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3, E3-1200 v4, D-1500, or Intel® Atom™ C2000 processors, and up to 4x HDD/SSDs and 1x SATADOM per server. MicroBlade enclosure can incorporate 1 Chassis Management Module, and up to 2x 25/10/2.5/1GbE SDN switches for efficient, high-bandwidth communications. It also features up to 4x redundant (N+1 or N+N) 2000W/1600W Titanium/Platinum Level high-efficiency (96%/95%) power supplies with cooling fans
7U SuperBlade® – Maximum density, affordability, reduced management costs, lower power consumption, optimal ROI, and high scalability
- Supports Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v3, up to 6x DIMM slots, 1TB LRDIMM, 512GB RDIMM or 128GB UDIMM, 2x Intel® Xeon Phi™ or NVIDIA® Tesla Kepler K10X/K20M/K40M/K20X/K80; GRID K1/K2 (GPU Blade), up to 3x hot-plug NVMe + 3x hot-swap SAS3 12Gb/s HDDs or 6x Hot-swap 2.5" SAS3 HDD Bays (StorageBlade), 4x QDR (40Gb) InfiniBand or 10GbE mezzanine HCA, Platinum Level high-efficiency (96%+) digital power supplies with cooling fans
Supermicro Scale-Out Storage Solutions Optimized for Red Hat Ceph
Supermicro's next generation X10 Storage Servers optimized for Ceph feature the latest Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 processor family and utilize best of breed components available in form factors from 1U to 4U. The solutions offer high storage density coupled with up to 96% power efficiency providing real-world advantages in both procurement and operational costs for deployments of all sizes.
SYS-6018R-MON2 – 1U/4-bay dual processor server with dual SFP+ 10G LAN
MON2 is a general purpose 1U server populated with CPU and memory to excel at cluster monitor and management roles. Supermicro MON hardware configurations are also a great fit for RBD and Swift gateways. A minimum of 3x systems are required to form a Ceph cluster quorum.
SSG-2028R-OSD072P – 2U/12-bay with 6TB/7k SATA drives and 1x NVMe (12+1)
OSD72 is a flexible 72TB server with a single processor installed, a great choice for throughput optimized configurations. A second processor can be installed for deployment in IaaS environments.
SSG-6048R-OSD216 – 4U/36-bay with 6TB/7k SATA drives (36+0)
OSD216 is a capacity optimized system for large block sequential applications like backup and archive. Under load it has enough hard drives to saturate the 10G client interface.
SSG-6048R-OSD216P – 4U/36-bay with 6TB/7k SATA drives and 2x NVMe SSD (36+2)
OSD216P offers the best balance of capacity and performance featuring SSDs to improve use in mixed workloads.
SSG-6048R-OSD432 – 4U/72-bay with 6TB/7k SATA drives (72+0)
OSD432 is a 432TB capacity optimized system for large block sequential applications like backup and archive.
SSG-6048R-OSD360P – 4U/72-bay with 6TB/7k SATA drives and 12 SATA SSD (60+12)
OSD360P is a 360TB capacity optimized system with SSD for OSD journaling.
For more details, please visit http://www.supermicro.com/Ceph.
Supermicro Server Management Utilities
Server management utilities assist data center system administrators to manage hardware issues such as server availability and firmware upgrades to reduce server downtime. Supermicro has developed a multifunction suite of tools that can perform health monitoring, power management and firmware maintenance to help deploy and maintain servers in data centers. Our solutions are designed for easy automation with existing management infrastructure. Supermicro's mobile app IPMIView is available on Android and iOS devices. For more details, please visit www.supermicro.com/SMS.
Supermicro Global Service Program
Supermicro Hardware Maintenance provides flexible and customizable Service Level Agreements for remote help desk and rapid onsite support to cover Supermicro solutions that include Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack and Red Hat Ceph Storage. Our Service Programs offer a 4-hour Onsite Response time option for mission-critical uptime or any tailored solution that will meet your specific business requirements. For more details, please visit http://www.supermicro.com/OSS.
For more information on Supermicro's solutions that leverage Red Hat technologies visit www.supermicro.com/RedHat.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Red Hat and Red Hat Enterprise Linux are trademarks of Red Hat, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries. The OpenStack mark is either a registered trademark/service mark or trademark/service mark of the OpenStack Foundation, in the United States and other countries, and is used with the OpenStack Foundation's permission. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the OpenStack Foundation, or the OpenStack community.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Super Micro Computer, Inc.