LONDON, February 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Rear admirals and Commanders from naval forces in the UK, Norway, Portugal, Germany, US and The Netherlands will gather at Defence IQ's Submarine Operations & Requirements conference in London this March. http://www.submarineoperations.com
As the role of submariners in multinational and independent operations continues to evolve, Submarine Operations & Requirements 2012 (http://www.submarineoperations.com) will explore how new tasking's, including Unified Protector and Ocean Shield are driving requirements and Tactics, Techniques and Procedure (TTP) changes.
Submarine Operations & Requirements 2012 (http://www.submarineoperations.com) will unite fleet commanders from across Europe, and the US to discuss contemporary operations and methods for ensuring mission success, with briefings from:
- Vice Admiral Rinaldo Veri, Commander, Allied Maritime Component, NATO
- Rear Admiral Ian Corder MA, Rear Admiral Submarines, ROYAL NAVY
- Rear Admiral James G. Foggo III, Deputy Commander 6th Fleet, Commander Submarine 8 Group, US NAVY
- Captain Aslek Heen, Commander Officer, Norwegian Submarine Service, NORWEGIAN NAVY
- Captain Hans Lodder, Head of Naval Requirements Branch, NETHERLANDS NAVY
- Commander Silva Gouveia, Commander Officer, Submarine Fleet, PORTUGUESE NAVY
Submarine Operations & Requirements 2012 (http://www.submarineoperations.com) will feature interactive workshops led by the NATO Underwater Research Centre and Submarine Tactics and Technology on the challenges of communication and area denial in submarine operations.
The Submarine Operations & Requirements download centre features the conference programme and resources including: exclusive articles and case studies from Australia, the US, Canada and Asia, along with a podcast with Cdr. Richard Ernst Kesten, Commanding Officer of Submarine Training for the German Navy (http://www.submarineoperations.com/download)
Submarine Operations & Requirements 2012 (http://www.submarineoperations.com) will be held on 20th-22nd March in London.
Notes to Editors:
Special concessions are available for serving military personnel to attend the event.
SOURCE Defence IQ