- Growing demand for sterile filter from the pharmaceutical sector is one of the significant factors influencing the market growth
- Market Size – USD 4.67 Billion in 2019, Market Growth - CAGR of 7.7%, Market Trends – Rising usage of disposables
NEW YORK, Aug. 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The Global Sterile Filtration Market is expected to reach USD 8.48 Billion by 2027, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Sterile filtration finds usage in the removal of contaminants and particulates from fluids comprising media with or without buffers, serum, reagents, biologic or proteinaceous samples, or other types of fluids. Filtration through a pore size of 0.2 µm is essential to get a sterile filtrate by filtering particles and germs from fluids (liquids and gases) to prevent them from contaminating the end-products. As per the GMP guidelines and the guidelines by the (FDA), producers are required to perform a filter integrity test at the pre and post-production cycle. The test confirms that the filter is completely functional and that no undesirable components got through it.
Biopharmaceuticals products normally cannot be terminally sterilized, and thus it is crucial to use sterile grade filters in aseptic processing. Application of heat sterilization or any other process in biopharmaceutical drug products results in unwanted degradation of the product. Sterilizing membrane filtration frequently necessitated reducing the levels of bioburden within process streams to prevent the potential formation of biofilm. Further, to ascertain that the sterile filtered products uphold the pure form, a growing number of firms, especially the firms in the pharmaceutical sector, are deploying disposable process solutions to store or process the subsequent filtrate.
Request free sample of this research report at: https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/3464
The growing use of sterile filtration in the food & beverage industry, especially in breweries, is playing an instrumental role in driving market growth. Recent researches uphold the use of sterile filtration as the most appropriate method for brewers for controlling microbial hazards. Even though beer is alcoholic, acidic, anaerobic, and comprises hop compounds that ply the role of preservatives, certain microorganisms can survive in the chemical environment and thrive on rich nutrients present in beer. These kinds of microorganisms may result in beer spoilage forming a haze or sedimentation, a rancid/sour flavor, and over-carbonation, thus requiring the need for sterile filtration.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
As global economies are experiencing the negative impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, organizations are suffering losses, among various other challenges. Nevertheless, firms in the pharmaceutical industry are of immense importance in combatting the pandemic and are witnessing positive growth in the contagious disease landscape with the race for treatment approval therapy gaining momentum.
Biopharmaceutical companies are playing a significant role in human response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Various leading biotech companies are studying the genome to prepare a feasible vaccine for its treatment. Growing investments in R&D activities for making the vaccine are fuelling the growth of the sterile filtration market.
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/sterile-filtration-market
Further key findings from the report suggest
- By type, cartridge filters held a substantial sterile filtration market share in 2019. Membrane cartridge filters obtainable in hydrophilic polyamide or hydrophobic polypropylene provide the essential high performance for complete sterility of compressed air supply. Moreover, it provides an extensive filtration surface area and a substantial amount of thermo-mechanical resistance.
- By membrane type, polyvinylidene difluoride (PVDF) is likely to grow at a rate of 7.9% in the forecast period. It offers benefits like a wide range of membrane ratings, good chemical compatibility, excellent thermal stability, naturally hydrophobic, and high flow rate, among others.
- By end-user, pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical firms held the largest sterile filtration market share in 2019. Sterile filtration is essential to consistently prevent damage to the sterile barriers from impacting the production of biopharmaceuticals. Further, it is a vital process with high economic significance for biopharmaceutical firms.
- The market in the Asia Pacific region is projected to grow at the fastest rate of 8.7% in the forecast period. The high growth rate of the APAC region is owing to substantial investments by leading market players, supportive government initiatives, and growing infrastructure development for research and development activities, among others.
- In January 2018, American Air Filter Company, Inc., with its affiliate company AAF Lufttechnik GmbH made an announcement about the acquisition of RIS Facility Management GmbH. The acquisition is intended to expand the American Air Filter Company, Inc. operations, as well as their presence in various geographies.
- Key participants include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Parker Hannifin Corporation, GE Healthcare, Steriletech Corporation, 3M, Corning Incorporated, Danaher Corporation, Eaton Corporation, Alfa Laval Corporate AB, and Merck KGaA, among others.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the Global Sterile Filtration Market on the basis of type, membrane type, application, end-user, and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Cartridge Filters
- Angioplasty Balloons
- Capsule Filters
- Syringe Filters
Membrane Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Polyvinylidene Difluoride (PVDF)
- Polyethersulfone (PES)
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Fill-Finish Process
- Buffer Filtration & Cell Culture Media Preparation
- Bioburden Reduction
- Water Purification
- Air Filtration
End-User Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Firms
- Food & Beverage Firms
- Contract Research Organizations
- Academic Institutes & Research Laboratories
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of the Middle East and Africa
Have a Look at Similar Research Reports:
Laboratory Filtration Market - Filtration is a technique that is used to separate solids from liquids or solution by interposing a filter medium through which solutions or liquids can pass.
Virus Filtration Market - increasing emphasis and growing investment in R&D activities in the biotechnology sector, there has been an elevated demand for virus filtration.
Gene Expression Market - Gene expression is the method that refers to the process of measuring the activity of genes in order to comprehend the cellular functions.
In vivo CRO Market - Shifting of preference of pharmaceutical industries toward the outsourcing clinical and preclinical trials to focus on their core business, increasing frequency of outsourcing R&D activities.
Protein Engineering Market - Protein engineering is an emerging field that involves synthesis of new proteins as well as amendment in the existing protein structures that ultimately helps to achieve desired functions.
3D Cell Culture Market - The growth is mainly contributed by the government and non-government investments for cancer research & development, coupled with large scale end users for stem cell research.
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client's make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Read full Press Release at : https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-sterile-filtration-market
SOURCE Reports And Data