GREENWICH, Connecticut, Jan. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- A fund affiliated with Starwood Capital Group, a leading global private investment firm, announced today that it has acquired UK hotel owner and operator Four Pillars Hotels.
The transaction includes a portfolio of five owned and leased hotels and one managed hotel in Oxfordshire and the surrounding areas, comprising 863 rooms. The historic city of Oxford is one of the UK's leading business and tourist destinations, attracting more than 9.5 million domestic and international visitors annually.
"Four Pillars offers high-quality, full-service, four-star hotels in superb locations," said Kevin Colket, Senior Vice President at Starwood Capital Group. "We look forward to building on the company's operational excellence and its longstanding client focus."
The portfolio's properties include:
- Cotswold Water Park: A modern, 328-room hotel located in the heart of the Cotswolds.
- Tortworth Court: A 190-room, Grade II-listed Victorian mansion hotel surrounded by 30 acres of parkland.
- Oxford Spires: A 174-room hotel located within a half-mile of Oxford's city centre.
- Oxford Thames: A newly expanded, 84-room hotel located in the countryside just three miles from Oxford.
- Oxford Witney: A contemporary, 87-room hotel set near the historic market town of Witney.
- Oxford Abingdon: A 66-room hotel managed by Four Pillars located in the historic town of Abingdon-on-Thames.
About Starwood Capital Group
Starwood Capital Group is a private, U.S.-based investment firm with a core focus on global real estate. Since the group's inception in 1991, the firm has raised approximately $23 billion of equity capital and acquired over $45 billion in assets. Starwood Capital Group currently has $32 billion of assets under management. Starwood Capital Group maintains offices in Greenwich, Atlanta, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami, and affiliated offices in London, Luxembourg, Paris, Frankfurt and Sao Paulo. Starwood Capital Group has invested in nearly every class of real estate on a global basis, including office, retail, residential, senior housing, golf, hotels, resorts and industrial assets. Starwood Capital Group and its affiliates have successfully executed an investment strategy that includes building enterprises around core real estate portfolios in both the private and public markets. Additional information about Starwood Capital can be found at www.starwoodcapital.com.
SOURCE Starwood Capital Group