LONDON, September 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
WhatMatrix Analysis of Cloud Management Platform Market Places CloudBolt and Morpheus Data as Category Leaders
WhatMatrix, the independent technology comparison and analysis site, today announced the publication of its second Landscape analysis report. The Cloud Management Platforms (CMPs) Landscape report finds that start up companies with a dedicated focus on CMP lead the larger, more established companies in this field of technology.
The report, authored by category consultant Ephraim Baron, highlights a flourishing market. The WhatMatrix CMP Comparison launched just two years ago with five vendors, it now compares eleven. While established solutions such as Cisco CloudCenter and VMware vRealize Automation continue to be solid overall performers with many market leading features, the number one solution in the comparison leaderboard is CloudBolt, with Morpheus Data in second place.
"The WhatMatrix CMP Landscape report is unique due to our focus on detailed technical criteria," explained Ephraim Baron, category consultant at WhatMatrix. "This report helps organizations drill into specific use case scenarios to best determine which CMP will best meet their business needs. No other industry analysis provides this granular level of guidance."
The report highlights:
- A crowded field. With eleven solutions compared, it reflects both the pace of enterprise acceptance of cloud and their need for tools to orchestrate workloads in multiple places. However, it isn't clear how many products the market will support long-term.
- "Best" depends on use case. The general-purpose nature of CMPs make them the Swiss army knife of IT tools. For this reason, the 'best' CMP varies depending on user requirements.
- Mix of standalone and integrated solutions. The lineup is split between dedicated CMP vendors and larger companies for whom CMP is one of many products. The former is squarely focused on the multi-cloud market but may have fewer resources for product development; the latter tend to be more stable but may not place a high priority on their CMP offering.
The report indicates the future outlook as:
- Evolving features reflect cloud transformation. Cloud computing is fundamentally transforming information technology and is, in turn, transforming as it matures. To be successful, CMP vendors need to keep pace with this evolution to stay relevant.
- Increased specialization is likely. Cloud management platforms strive to work across many vendors and technologies. As CMP vendors work to differentiate themselves, they will need to provide deeper integration with specific clouds. In short, they will need to choose sides.
- The growing importance of containers. Container technology and use is maturing rapidly. For this reason, WhatMatrix expects vendors to substantially increase their container provisioning and orchestration capabilities.
As with all information and analysis from WhatMatrix, the full report can be downloaded free of charge - with no registration required - at https://www.whatmatrix.com/portal/download-landscape-reports/
WhatMatrix, the first crowdsourced-powered IT comparison community, has evolved from the popular VirtualizationMatrix and is changing the consultancy landscape. By providing in-depth technical, free, and "always-online" technology comparisons by respected industry experts, WhatMatrix significantly reduces the time and cost spent on researching suitable technologies to solve today's business challenges. Being involved with WhatMatrix instantly raises the profile for both vendors and contributing consultants alike. For more information visit www.whatmatrix.com.