MOLIETS, France, June 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Today is International Surfing Day - that's when all surfers and ocean dwellers come together globally to celebrate the sport and lifestyle of Surfing. It is also a day that surfers choose to raise awareness and campaign against issues facing not only the sport but also the health of our oceans and marine life. This year marks the 10th anniversary of International Surfing Day and provides the perfect occasion for Star Surf to showcase what makes this sport and lifestyle so unique.
10 Years ISD with Star Surf VIDEOLINK: http://vimeo.com/98728493
Star Surf invited participants from all walks of life and from all over Europe to feature in our professionally edited video. Blessed with good waves and amazing weather the video is the pinnacle of our International Surfing Day celebrations and features professional surfers such as Billabong rider, Miles Lee-Hargreaves, former Star Surf instructor and top professional Australian surfer (and charger) James Woods, and less experienced surfers such as Poland's pro snowboarder Tomek Wolak, along with musicians, artists, journalists, bloggers and photographers. Edited by HotandFresh Media, the video aims to illustrate what surfing means to a variety of surfers, not just the professionals featured in the mainstream media.
All participants of the weeks had a special task whilst participating in the video: as they all come from different backgrounds Star Surf asked them to contribute from their individual perspective.
The result is a variety of amazing footage, collected together on: http://www.starsurfcamps.com/international-surfing-day-2014
Pro Snowboarder Tomek Wolak, made a video of his road trip to Moliets, also explaining his personal difficulties switching between snowboarding and surfing. Musician Jman from the UK supported us with rhymes during the filming week and got a playlist with summer music ready to listen to the surf vibes. Bloggers, journalists and photographers approached the project with an alternative approach to the usual surf media, focusing upon the travel element of a surf trip, featuring delicious food tastings, interviews with a variety of globetrotters, glimpses behind the scenes of the filming the week and a novices approach to their first surfing experience. We also have amazing imagery and tips for professional water photography from our two professional surf photographers Tim Borrow and Callum Morse wrap the project up.
Join us in sharing this content globally with our unique video to bring together the surf world for International Surfing Day, to celebrate 10 years of stoke, passion and love for our waves and oceans across the world.
On a final note please take some time to check out our official non-profit organisations, The surf rider foundation and Surfers agains Sewage, who endeavour to keep the oceans clean and the future of surfing bright for our following generations to enjoy
Name of participants within this week:
- Callum Morse, 21y, UK, Professional Surf Photographer, http://www.saltshots.com
- Christopher Sharpe, 25y, UK, Travel Writer, http://www.makenewtracks.com
- Iain Beable, 27y, UK, Photographer, http://www.thekavatree.co.uk
- Jamaal Francis (Jman), 22y, UK, Musician, http://www.greasyvinyl.com
- James Woods, 23y, AUS, Professional Surfer/Star Surf Instructor, http://www.lostinthewoods.tv
- Kasha Dubaniewicz, 27y, South Africa, Travel Blogger http://www.linesofescape.com
- Miles Lee-Hargreaves, 19y, UK, Billabong Pro Surfer, http://eu.billabong.com/
- Robin Kother & Polly Vinken, 28 & 27y, UK, Filmcrew
- Star Surf Camps Family - http://www.starsurfcamps.com
- Tim Borrow, 23y, UK, Professional Surf Photographer, http://www.timborrow.tumblr.com
- Tom Butler, 25y, UK, Big Wave Surfer, http://www.tbsurfing.com
- Tomek Wolak, 22y, Poland, Pro Snowboarder, http://www.wolakbros.com
- Violetta Kromer, 29y, Germany, Background Dancer,
Marketing Manager Star Surf Camps International
SOURCE Star Surf Camps