SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 25, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global sputtering equipment cathode market size is expected to reach USD 1.23 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to register a CAGR of 4.9% over the forecast period. Increasing requirement for silicon wafers backed by the growing global electronics device demand is expected to positively impact the market growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Circular cathode is expected to register the highest CAGR of 5.4% from 2018 to 2025, owing to the ability of this cathode to apply coatings to components with intricate design. Moreover, rising demand in semiconductor wafer application is expected to drive the growth
- Linear cathode accounted for USD 203.4 million in terms of revenue in 2017. Higher sputter deposition rates enabled by the linear sputter magnetrons is expected to drive the growth in the years to come
- China held the largest market share of over 37% in 2017 owing to the presence of robust manufacturing base majorly automotive and electronics manufacturers
- Major companies operating in the sputtering equipment cathode market focus on expanding their production capacity through acquisition of local manufacturers and setting up of new facilities. They prioritize R&D to develop advanced processes to enhance the throughput.
Read 70 page research report with TOC on "Sputtering Equipment Cathode Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Linear, Circular), By Region (North America, Europe, Central & South America, Middle East & Africa, Asia Pacific), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/sputtering-equipment-cathode-market
Demand for sputtering equipment is projected to witness increasing demand from automobile industry as it leads to eco-friendly metallization with zero production of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). In addition, it helps manufacturers replace costly metal parts with lightweight and inexpensive solution, which are coated with thin desired metals, thereby driving the demand for cathode.
The sputtering equipment cathode market exhibits high competition as a large number of key players offer a wide range of products to the end-use industries. Moreover, limited product differentiation coupled with availability of localized manufacturers is further expected increase competitiveness in the global market.
The market is anticipated to continue witnessing a number of technological developments pertaining to the physical vapor deposition process, which is primarily carried out by the use of the sputtering equipment. In addition, eco-friendly nature of the process coupled with introduction of specialized DC power based Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) process is also anticipated to positively impact the market growth.
One of the latest innovations in magnetron sputtering includes confocal sputtering technique, which has enhanced the film uniformity. In addition, it has the capability of having multiple targets in the vacuum chamber leading to time and cost saving. These features are expected to bolster the demand for sputtering equipment especially in R&D applications, thereby driving growth of the cathode market.
Grand View Research has segmented the global sputtering equipment cathode market on the basis of product and region:
- Sputtering Equipment Cathode Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Sputtering Equipment Cathode Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Specialty Glass, Ceramic & Fiber, by Grand View Research:
- Insulated Glass Market - The global insulated glass market size was valued at USD 1.99 billion in 2015 and is expected to witness substantial growth owing to the rising demand for energy efficient buildings, thereby reducing the carbon footprint.
- Automotive Glass Market The global automotive glass market size was estimated at USD 15.79 billion in 2015 and is anticipated to witness considerable growth over the forecast period.
- Advanced Structural Ceramics Market - The global advanced structural ceramics market is poised to witness a healthy growth over the forecast period. Rising application coupled with the advent of new materials plays a significant role in the industry growth.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc