SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 12, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global specialty pulp & paper chemicals market size is expected to reach USD 26.23 billion by 2025 at a revenue-based CAGR of 3.0% during the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising importance of functional chemicals, which provide excellent optical properties and improve printability, is one of the many factors driving industry growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- By product, the bleaching chemicals segment is expected to register a market volume of 8,556.8 kilo tons by 2025, at a CAGR of 2.0% from 2017 to 2025
- In terms of revenue, the functional chemicals segment is expected to exhibit the highest CAGR of 3.2% over the forecast period
- The packaging application dominated the global specialty pulp & paper chemical market with a global revenue share of 40.6% in 2017
- North America is likely to exhibit a significant volume-based CAGR of 2.1% over the forecast years, owing to a large market for eco-friendly and 100% recyclable products in U.S.
- Countries in Asia Pacific, especially India, Indonesia, and China, are expected to observe notable growth over the forecast years
- The global industry is characterized by product accreditation, capacity expansion, capital expansion, and investment decisions of manufacturers to improve market share
- Some of the prominent companies in the industry are Royal Dutch Shell Plc.; SNF Floerger; Evonik Industries AG; Solvay S.A.; ERCO Worldwide; Kemindo International; BASF SE; The Dow Chemical Company; Nalco Holding Company; Ashland, Inc.; Buckman Laboratories International, Inc.; and Donaldson Company, Inc.
Read 95 page research report with TOC on "Specialty Pulp and Paper Chemicals Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Basic, Functional, Bleaching), By Application (Packaging, Labeling, Printing), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/specialty-pulp-paper-chemicals-market
The specialty pulp & paper chemicals market is projected to exhibit steady growth as a result of rising global demand for tissues and packaging grades. Herein, rapid growth of e-commerce is augmenting consumption of packaging grades and packing materials. Moreover, increasing concern over food safety in the food and beverages sector has propelled the need for high-quality food service board and liquid packaging board.
Demand for specialty papers and chemicals is expected to witness high growth owing to rising demand for sterilizing paper in medical applications. Sterile bags produced from these papers provide optimal and clean surface for rotogravure and flexo printing.
Basic chemicals, including caustic soda, sodium carbonate, and mineral acids, are used as a catalyst or for chelating in the specialty pulp and paper industry. On account of its toxic nature, demand for basic chemicals is likely to witness restricted growth over the forecast period. Moreover, environmental concerns are expected to increase with growing number of regulatory compliances in various countries such as U.S., Germany, France, and U.K.
Specialty pulp and paper chemicals are used in printing applications such as freestanding inserts, advertisements, catalogs, and magazines. Some of the many advantages of specialty paper in printing are increased printability, runnability, permanence, durability, superior opacity, excellent surface and strength characteristics, acid-free and alkaline papers, and high brightness.
Grand View Research has segmented the global specialty pulp & paper chemicals market on the basis of product, application, and region:
- Specialty Pulp & Paper Chemicals Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Basic Chemicals
- Functional Chemicals
- Bleaching Chemicals
- Process Chemicals
- Specialty Pulp & Paper Chemicals Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Specialty Pulp & Paper Chemicals Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Propylene Oxide Market – The Global propylene oxide market is expected to show significant growth as a result of increasing polyurethanes' demand in various segments including packaging, automotive, footwear, furniture, and construction.
- Thermoplastic Vulcanizates (TPV) Market - Strong demand for light weight materials with superior properties, particularly from the automobile industry is presumed to be a key driving factor for global TPV market.
- Waterborne Epoxy Resin Market - The Global waterborne epoxy resin market is expected to witness substantial growth owing to increasing use in end-use segment including automotive, construction, textiles, furniture and packaging.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc