LONDON, September 25, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Silver Cloud Ventures announces today that it has sold its equity and debt interests in DESlock Ltd. The transaction sees the Taunton-based full disc encryption software business acquired by the pioneer of proactive protection ESET®.
Silver Cloud Ventures also has sold its equity and debt interests in DESlock Ltd. Silver Cloud Ventures Managing Director Joe Stelzer commented. "This transaction represents Silver Cloud's first exit in the Technology sector following its initial investment in conjunction with secondary buyout fund Shackleton Ventures over 3 years ago."
"I'm delighted with the transaction," says DESlock MD, David Tomlinson. "The team is very excited about its future within the ESET family. We are very grateful to Silver Cloud, whose strategic support has helped make the transaction possible."
"Encryption plays an important role in security and represents a vault guarding your company's sensitive information as well as your personal data," said ESET's Chief Technology Officer, Palo Luka. "Our plan is to fully integrate the technology we have acquired into our products for business and the consumer segment, and to develop it further."
Notes to editors
Silver Cloud Ventures Ltd
• Silver Cloud Ventures is the family office investment vehicle for Joe Stelzer, Managing Partner of Cavendish Corporate Finance LLP (http://www.cavendish.com ).
• Recent Silver Cloud investments include MiFold (http://www.mifold.com), a revolutionary compact & portable booster seat recently launched with great media interest, and Profbiotics (http://www.profbiotics.com), a health supplements business founded by Martyn Caplin, a leading Professor in Oncology and Gastroenterology.
• Since 1987, ESET® has been developing award-winning security software that now helps over 100 million users Enjoy Safer Technology.
• Its broad, security product portfolio covers all popular platforms and provides businesses and consumers around the world with the perfect balance of performance and proactive protection.
• The company has a global sales network covering 189 countries, and regional offices in Bratislava, San Diego, Singapore and Buenos Aires.
- Protects your data wherever it is.
- Patented key management technology lets users share encrypted data seamlessly, while full disk and removable media encryption takes care of compliance issues, helping to prevent fall-out from lost or stolen computers.
- DESlock was the first member of ESET Technology Alliance program which offers additional security solutions to ESET's business customers
SOURCE Silver Cloud