-- Innovative tool empowers customers to explore more than 35 million photos and illustrations by color palette
NEW YORK, July 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), a leading global provider of commercial digital imagery and music, has launched a new image discovery tool called Palette — the latest prototype to be developed as part of the Company's Labs site for innovative exploratory tools and features.
Designed and built entirely in-house by the team that created the equally groundbreaking Spectrum search tool, Palette is the product of extensive customer research with color.
"Designers love exploring the Shutterstock collection using color and we wanted to create a unique experience for those searching within brand guidelines," said Shutterstock's VP of Product Wyatt Jenkins. "Palette was designed as a collaborative tool to inspire and discover imagery based on color schemes."
Designers and creative professionals can use Palette to:
- Inspire ideas: Use Palette during ideation to build moodboards and visualize ideas with a variety of color combinations.
- Discover imagery: Curated palettes in the tool suggest interesting color combinations to help customers with their initial Palette discovery.
- Customize color combinations: Users can search Shutterstock's library by choosing up to 5 colors to create an individualized palette of their choice.
- Access data-driven palettes: Patent-pending algorithms use image data, search queries, and download behavior to collectively determine each unique palette's colors.
- Work on the move: Palette is mobile-web responsive to adapt to users' workflows beyond their desks.
With more than 35 million licensable photos, vectors, and illustrations currently in the collection, Shutterstock is committed to creating new ways for image buyers to discover beautiful imagery. Palette is the fourth prototype to be added to Shutterstock Labs. To read more about the tool and how it was built, visit Shutterstock's blog.
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos, and music to businesses, marketing agencies, and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 55,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds tens of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 35 million images available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Denver, London, and San Francisco, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; Skillfeed, an online marketplace for learning; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
SOURCE Shutterstock, Inc.