DUBLIN, Ireland, March 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/33f3x8/shoulder_fired) has announced the addition of the "Shoulder Fired Anti-Tank, Anti-Aircraft Short Range Missiles and RPG Market - Global Forecasts and Analysis to 2014 - 2020" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
The global shoulder fired anti-tank, anti-aircraft and RPG market for man-portable anti-armor weapons is expected to be $3.2 billion in 2014 and the market will produce around $1.9 million weapons by the end of 2020. The current CAGR is 6.03%.
The shoulder fired missile market in the U.S. is expected to grow from $1,185.60 million in 2014 to $1237.01 million in 2020 at an estimated CAGR of 1%. The flat growth in the U.S. market is due to the end of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. The market is expected to continue remain flat throughout the study period, as the possibility of another war in the Middle East is highly unlikely.
India is expected to grow its shoulder fired anti-tank market from $172.80 million in 2014 to $302.80 million in 2020 at an estimated CAGR of 10%. The Indian market will be driven by India's military modernization program to two threats: China and Pakistan. The military modernization program gives priority to procurement of shoulder fired anti tank missile (ATM) such as Javelin ATM and this emphasizes the growth potential of the market.
New growth regions like Brazil, China etc. are expected to increase growth in this particular market.
- Due to monetary downturn, major countries like U.S. and U.K. are facing economic difficulties. The U.S. has witnessed budget cuts in the recent past and it is likely to be continued in the near future.. Any budget cut in these countries could slow down the defense industry.
- The North American shoulder fired missiles market is expected to remain flat through the study period, as the war is Afghanistan and Iraq has ended and an U.S armed intervention in Iran and Syria remains highly unlikely.
- The Asia Pacific shoulder fired missiles market will be driven by countries such as India, Japan, China, and South Korea. The rising tension in the South and East China Sea region could force countries in these regions to prepare for a potential armed conflict.
- The European market will primarily show a flat growth throughout the study period as the NATO deployments have returned, after the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. Military modernization efforts in Eastern Europe countries such as Poland will add some momentum to the market. Unrest in countries like Bosnia and Ukraine will also have some potential if the current scenario further deteriorates into a civil war.
- Brazil, India, South Korea, China, and Japan are the new leaders in this region due to their defense spending and their current national security situation.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
4 Global Anti-Tank/Anti-Aircraft Shoulder Fired Missile,By Types
5 Global Anti-Tank/Anti-Aircraft Shoulder Fired Missile,By Application
6 Regional Analysis
7 Country Analysis
8 Competitive Landscape
9 Company Profile
- Bae Systems
- Bharat Dynamics Limited
- Gencorp Inc
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Lockheed Martin
- Northrop Grumman
- Rafael Advanced Defense System
- Raytheon Company
- Thales Group
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/33f3x8/shoulder_fired
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets