Fourth generation solution brings smart algorithms, agile design and measurable ROI to the enterprise
ATLANTA, April 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Enterprise Data World- Semarchy, the Intelligent Master Data Management (MDM) company, today announced a ground-breaking innovation in Enterprise Information Management (EIM) software called "xDM." Semarchy designed xDM as the world's first fully-functional MDM solution to bring material design and a truly agile business-driven solution to the enterprise.
Owing to the algebraic concept that "x" can be anything, xDM is unique in its breadth of ability to master any kind of data – reference data, metadata, location, product, supplier, etc. xDM is a true evolution of the Semarchy multi-vector MDM solution for integration, management and governance of enterprise information. This approach, which is implemented in an iterative fashion, to how and who manages data, resolves the most pressing challenge of data-driven organizations, which is to give complete control to the business user.
Click-to-Tweet: https://ctt.ec/66Vqc, to share this story on Twitter
"Traditionally, the MDM user experience has been so complex, that it has lived solely within the IT department. This is not the intelligent way to present such a crucial enterprise tool," said Salah Kamel, CEO and founder of Semarchy. "Today we're unveiling the industry's most significant breakthrough in MDM. Our new xDM solution puts data stewardship in the hands of the business user. This will allow them to make better data-driven decisions to meet internal and external company goals."
Based on Google's Material Design Language, the completely new interface drives an unparalleled user experience, offering simplicity and responsive design that powers ease-of-use for faster business value and adoption.
As the Intelligent MDM™ company, Semarchy enables semantic consistency in an enterprise-centric fashion. The agile design of its solutions goes beyond conventional "golden record" tools, focusing on empowering and organizing the data stewardship function to provide trusted MDM across any domain. Semarchy xDM implementations start with business processes, including information governance from the ground-up, and concentrating on delivering measurable ROI to a business in weeks.
Business users receive the following features with xDM:
- Guided data authoring: A step-by-step user interface called "Steppers," speeds user adoption. This unique feature adapts itself to business personas within the context of their roles and helps transform data consumers into data producers. Furthermore, using the new basic entities type dedicated to centralized authoring, designers provide a simple authoring experience for fast data certification.
- Advanced application customization: Capabilities such as branding and dynamic context-aware forms, collections, fields, rules, actions, and menus empower productivity, efficiency, and comfort.
- Attractive browsing experience: Leveraging the Google Material Design language, xDM allows for defining display cards, multiple descriptive texts, images, avatar pictures and more.
- Responsive design: Records can be displayed in user interface-responsive grids, lists, and tables bringing master data to any device—empowering smartphone and tablet-based users.
- Graph visualization and query: Fast, visual interrogation of network relationships simplifies the perceived complexity of links within master and reference data.
xDM is an entirely new version of the Semarchy master data governance solution. Existing users of Semarchy Convergence for MDM 3.3 and earlier versions, will benefit from a seamless upgrade to xDM without risk of losing any existing data or governance processes.
"As the fourth iteration of the highly regarded MDM solution from Semarchy, the new xDM capability offers tremendous end user productivity enabled by its machine learning-driven user experience," said Aaron Zornes, chief research officer of the MDM Institute. "Clearly, with the rise of Internet of Things and resultant big data lakes and streams, enterprises increasingly will need a more perceptive MDM solution. As the first Intelligent MDM solution, xDM is leading the way on fulfilling that need."
Semarchy is unveiling xDM at Enterprise Data World, taking place April 2-7 in Atlanta, GA. In addition, Kamel will receive DAMA's prestigious international award – DAMA International Award for Excellence in Data Management – at the event.
For more information on Semarchy and xDM, please visit www.semarchy.com/xdm/.
Semarchy (www.semarchy.com) is the Intelligent MDM company. Its xDM platform is an innovation in multi-vector Master Data Management (MDM) that leverages smart algorithms and material design to simplify data stewardship, governance and integration. It is implemented via an agile and iterative approach that delivers business value almost immediately, and scales to meet enterprise complexity.