Increases in life expectancy are expected to result in a growing number of patients diagnosed with chronic conditions. To counteract the financial and medical infrastructure implications of this trend, pressure from the public sector and managed care organizations will place a premium on therapeutic self- administration, an expectation that is creating an increased interest in administration methods and devices that are patient- friendly and cost- effective. For self administered injectables, human engineering and user ergonomics are essential attributes that impact critical patient issues such as safety and patient compliance. While designers have acquired many powerful design tools during the past decade - tools that include 3D CAD design software and high performance materials, design team have been increasingly relying on classic end user research to define the design targets for their projects related to self administered injectables.
What You Will Learn
- What are the currently marketed injectable drugs intended for patient self administration?
- What are the therapeutic demand drivers for self administered injectables and what are the growth prospects for self administered injectable drugs?
- What are the key device selection factors and market development issues for self administered injectables?
- What doses the current self administered injectables market look like, who are the market leaders, and what will this market look like in 2020?
- What companies supply syringes and injectors designed for patient self administration, and what are their product activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations?
- How important are pharma- device alliances and design partnerships in the self administered injectables market segment?
- What is the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors?
Key Topics Covered:
Injectable Drug Market Dynamics
Evolution in Injectable Drug Development
The Growth of Self Administration
The Shift to Prefillable Devices
Patient Friendly Device Designs
Prefilled Disposable Devices
Drug Cartridges - The New Drug Vial
Drug Self-Administration Demand Factors
Chronic Disease Prevalence and Incidence
Biological Drugs Proliferation
Delivery Device Technology
Injectable Drug Device Selection Criteria
Stability and Material Selection Issues
Lyophilized Drugs & Drug Reconstitution
Syringe Safety/Sharps Protection
Needle Configuration Strategies
Disposable Drug Cartridges
Self Administered Injectables - Devices
Prefilled Syringes (PFS)
PFS Manufacturing Factors
Manual Injection Autoinjectors
Automated Injection Autoinjectors
Variable Dose Autoinjectors
Standardized Pen Platforms
Custom Pen Design
Prefilled Pen Cartridges
Dual Chamber Pens
Needle-free Injectors (NFI)
Prefilled Disposable Models
Self Administered Injectables - Disease Segment Analysis
Self Administered Branded Drug Product Analysis & Market Data
Colony Stimulating Factors
IL-1 Receptor Agonists
GLP-1 Receptor Agonists
Other Glycemic Control Injectables
Regulatory Factors and Issues
Regulating Combination Products
Growth and Diversity of Safety Syringes
Managed Care & Healthcare Economics
Custom Device Designs & Branding
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qjdn3h/self_administered
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets