TEWKESBURY, England, December 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
The unique, patented AirCon Safe treatment has been created through years of research and development by chemical engineers and Air Conditioning/HVAC professionals. With the potential health and wellbeing risks associated with Air Conditioned environments well documented, the researchers' primary focus was to develop an affordable solution that helped to minimise dangerous bacteria and pathogens found in coughs, colds and viruses thus improving indoor air quality and reducing the risk of the office cold and Air Conditioning Related Illness (ACRI).
AirCon Safe is a unique long term Anti-Microbial solution - the first of its kind for the HVAC industry. The long lasting (12 months) Anti-Microbial layer applied to the systems' filter consists of millions of positively charged spikes at microscopic level. As bacteria and pathogens come into contact with the filter the spikes pierce the cell wall and deliver a positive charge directly to the inner cell causing the bacteria to explode - terminating the threat.
The key difference between AirCon Safe and the other treatments available is the way the protective Anti-Microbial barrier is formed on the filter and the unique method AirCon Safe terminates bacteria and pathogens. Other treatments offer a short term chemical kill similar to disinfectants and are usually applied directly to the coil offering a very limited active life span - coil cleans. When chemical kill treatments are dry they often offer little or no future protection. AirCon Safe's Anti-Microbial technology can potentially continue to provide protection for 12 months so long as the filter retains structural integrity.
AirCon Safes' patented technology is a spray applied Anti-Microbial treatment specially formulated for Air Conditioning and HVAC systems. It is clear and colourless, non-oxidative, contains no chlorine and upon interaction with bacteria and pathogens AirCon Safe will not produce halogenated by-products such as carcinogenic trihalomathanes.
Upon the application of AirCon Safe to the Air Conditioning or HVAC filter an invisible and flexible Anti-Microbial barrier is formed. The Anti-Microbial barrier will not transfer on contact with people, surfaces or objects and is non-leaching upon contact with solvents or water.
- AirCon safe is spray applied to the filter of an Air Conditioning or HVAC system.
- When the delivery agent evaporates the active ingredient forms two things. A strong permanent bond with the filter surface and millions of microscopic positively charged spear portions or spikes.
- Each one of the millions of spikes is positively charged and stands guard, ready to face the onslaught of bacteria and pathogens.
- The negatively charged bacteria and pathogens found in coughs and colds enter the Air Conditioning system and as they pass through the treated filter are drawn toward the charged spikes.
- The spikes pierce the cell walls of the bacteria and pathogens and deliver a positive charge directly to the inner core causing the pathogen to explode.
- This unique kill method is of a physical nature and does not use chemicals therefore the spikes and positive charge remain intact ready for the next kill.
SOURCE AirCon Safe