LONDON, June 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
* Lawrence Dallaglio announces the winner of 'Top Sales Tip' competition *
* The National Sales Awards 2012 is open for entry *
Today, the National Sales Awards in partnership with Huthwaite International launches their 'Top Sales Tips' guide, which has been compiled from the results of a nationwide competition which invited sales professionals to share selling advice in 140 characters (the length of a Tweet), for the chance to win £1,000.
Supported and judged by Lawrence Dallaglio, the competition winner has today been announced as Jason Hart, Sales Executive, Saga. Lawrence Dallaglio, former England rugby Captain and Sales Director for contact centre services in Serco's new UK & Europe Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) business said: "It's fantastic to see so many people get behind something that's driving awareness and interest in the industry. The guide offers real insight into how sales people can perform better and it's interesting to see a lot of people emphasising the importance of listening and building relationships - something I consider key to doing well in sales."
TOP SALES TIPS GUIDE
- Always learn about your customers hobbies. That way one can always start a conversation with some friendly banter and build a dialogue.
- Utilise the public domain and gain insight and understanding of your key stakeholders in more depth, around business & personal.
- It's important to be enthusiastic, listen, understand the customer's needs and wants and to build a relationship with that customer.
(Winning tip - Jason Hart)
- Under Promise, Over Deliver. Ensure you keep your customers happy by exceeding their expectations.
- Be passionate, know your goals and help your client achieve theirs. Don't be afraid to walk away if a win win situation can't be reached.
- Listen- 2 ears, 1 mouth; use that ratio. Trust- get it, keep it; deliver promises. Respect- everyone.
- Sales is all about 80% listening to the customer's needs and wants and 20% talking.
- The best salesmen never sound like they are selling. They sound like they've listened to your problem and might have a solution.
- Be tenacious! The next sale is the only one a person ever has to make.
- Remember to smile while you dial. People buy people first. You are the company you are representing.
Jason Hart said: "It's great to see something like the guide published to share ideas and best practice within the industry. I'm really excited to have won the competition, especially as it's been judged by Lawrence Dallaglio!" Saga offer an array of products and services exclusively for the over 50s, with Jason focusing on selling home and pet insurance.
The guide launches as the National Sales Awards also invites sales teams and professionals throughout the UK to enter the 2012 awards. Entering its 16th year, the National Sales Awards is the most prestigious accolade for the sales industry in the UK. An agenda setting programme, they reward individuals and teams who are demonstrating best practice and outstanding achievement in all aspects of sales.
The awards close for entry on 16th July and finalists will be announced in August. Winners will be honoured at the National Sales Awards gala dinner and awards ceremony in London at the Grosvenor House Hotel on Tuesday 6th November 2012.
To enter, nominate or to find out more information about this year's Awards programme and entry criteria visit http://www.nationalsalesawards.com or call +44(0)20-7955-3752.
Notes to editors:
About The National Sales Awards
Open to individuals, teams and organisations from all sectors across the UK, the National Sales Awards in partnership with Huthwaite International, recognise the UK's leading sales professionals with a focus on ethical, smart and professional selling. Now in its 16th year, the National Sales Awards is the UK's leading awards programme for the sales industry and is owned and organised by UBM Plc. Visit http://www.nationalsalesawards.com for further information.
Categories open to entries
- The Customer Collaboration Award
- Contact Centre Sales Team of the Year
- Telephone Sales Team of the Year
- Field Sales Team of the Year
- Sales Support Team of the Year
- Sales Management Team of the Year
- Customer Service Team of the Year
- Sales Team of the Year (video / vote)
- Newcomer of the Year
- Telephone Sales Executive of the Year
- Field Sales Executive of the Year
- Sales Team Leader of the Year
- Account Manager of the Year
- Strategic Account Manager of the Year
- Sales Manager of the Year
- Silent Edge Sales Director of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to Sales
Huthwaite International is a leading behavioural change consultancy specialising in the area of sales performance improvement. Blue chip companies worldwide trust it to deliver measurable results by challenging, improving and sustaining performance at all customer touch points through its academic research-based methods.
The company focuses on the customer to provide innovative skills advice for progressive individuals and organisations in sectors such as IT, financial services, healthcare, telecoms, manufacturing, legal and professional services. Specialised services include the Huthwaite Virtual Training Campus and Sales Toolbox. Training initiatives include negotiation skills development, selling to procurement, customer service skills and sales performance improvement such as the pioneering SPIN® Selling.
Established in 1974, Huthwaite has UK headquarters in Wentworth, South Yorkshire, and handles international projects through its associated companies throughout Europe, USA and Asia Pacific. For more information on Huthwaite's cost-effective services and solutions, please visit http://www.huthwaite.co.uk
Serco is a FTSE 100 international service company, which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Around the world, we improve essential services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public.
Our global BPO business has over 50,000 employees across 98 locations, with a presence in 10 countries providing the complete spectrum of business services to customers in the public and private sector around the world.
For further information or interview opportunities contact:
UBM Awards and Partnerships
Head of PR and Marketing
UBM Awards and Partnerships
SOURCE UBM Awards - The National Sales Awards