WOKINGHAM, England and CHELMSFORD, Massachusetts, January 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Leading retailer Sainsbury's has selected a workforce management solution from Kronos Incorporated to control labour costs and improve workforce productivity. The Kronos solution will manage the time and attendance and scheduling of more than 150,000 colleagues in over 1,000 locations across the UK.
- As part of Sainsbury's commitment to being a "Great Place to Work", it required a workforce management solution to support employees by offering a consistent, fair, and equitable approach to working practices.
- Prior to selecting Kronos, Sainsbury's managed time and attendance and scheduling through a blend of manual and partially automated processes.
- Sainsbury's selected Kronos following an extensive search of the market on the basis of Kronos offering technology that is easy to use; having vast experience in delivering rapid implementations; and a proven track record with large-scale retail implementations.
- Rob Fraser, IT director, Sainsbury's
"Kronos software will help us manage and allocate our labour in store and pay our colleagues more effectively, whilst allowing us to benefit from simplifying our current processes. Improved information will make it easier to provide our customers with fantastic service."
- Tim Bisley, general manager, Kronos EMEA
"It's essential for retailers to manage the workforce effectively. We're very pleased to be working with Sainsbury's on a project that will improve their operational efficiencies and bottom-line results."
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organisations to control labour costs, minimise compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organisations in 60 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring and labour analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit http://www.kronos.co.uk.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.