Held on 15-16 March in Kigali, Rwanda, the 8th Africa CemenTrade Summit hones in on the opportunities in Africa's competitive cement sector, despite the global slowdown.
KIGALI, Rwanda, Feb. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Endorsed and supported by Rwanda's Ministry of Infrastructure, the summit is officiated by its Minister -- Honorable James MUSONI. In a keynote address Njombo Lekula, Managing Director -- International Operations, PPC -- shares the company's approach to Africa -- key enablers, current plans and expansion strategy. Next is Busisiwe Legodi, CEO, Cimerwa Cement elaborating on the company's 'Development and Growth Plans in Rwanda and Neighboring Burundi and E.DRC'. The 'Cement Market Outlook in West & Central Africa' is presented by Luk Haelterman, Country Head - Senegal, Dangote Industries while Vally Khamisanis, Principal, International Finance Corporation (IFC) addresses 'Financing Cement Projects in Sub-Sahara Africa in Current Market Condition'.
Leading suppliers of equipment and services to the cement industry will also share insights -- Gebr. Pfeiffer's Sales Director Carsten Schößow on the 'Efficiency Evolution in Grinding Technology' while Michael Olsen, Managing Director, FLSmidth Kenya/ General Manager, Cement, East & Southern Africa, FLSmidth elaborates on the 'Strategy to Increase Efficiency & Productivity in Cement Production'. Igor Zlobin, Senior Sales Manager -- Central Africa of Loesche will share "Benefits from Compact Cement Grinding Plant Operation".
Other key panelists are:
- Imran Akram, CEO, IA Cement -- Global Cement Market Outlook
- Piet Heersche, Managing Director, Cemcon -- Growth of the Cement Industry in Sub-Saharan Africa, Market Consolidation and Niche Opportunities
- Tony Hadley, Managing Director, Baobab Advisory SARL -- North African Cement, What's Its Future and Implications for SSA
- Philip Wambugu, Director of Infrastructure and Peter Kinuthia, Senior Energy Officer at East African Community Secretariat -- Infrastructure Projects To Support Manufacturing And Inter-Regional Trade
- Daniel Shepherd, Regional Lead, Energy & Resource Efficiency Advisory Services, International Finance Corporation (IFC) -- Alternative Fuel Options For Africa's Cement Sector
- Vassiem Sheikh, Director, SCB International Materials -- Introduction to the use of Cementitious Materials, Applications and Supply/ Demand Patterns in Africa
The summit, organized by Centre for Management Technology (CMT), has Gebr. Pfeiffer as Corporate Sponsor cum exhibitor, Loesche, PPC and Cimerwa as Associate Sponsors. The exhibitors at the summit are BWF Envirotec, Fives FCB, TTL France, Intercem Engineering, BEUMER Group and LIBO International Mechanical & Electrical Engineering.
SOURCE Centre for Management Technology