- Telecom Company to Place Emphasis on Other Svyazinvest Properties Skylink, Russian Post Office, Southern Telecoms, and Topics 4G, Wimax, Fiberoptic Expansion in Preparation for 2014 Olympics, and Live, Streaming Digital Broadcast From Polling Stations, and Partnership With News Agency ITAR-TASS
BOSTON, May 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Rostelecom, Russia's largest telecom operator, which has recently begun expanding operations to include a vast range of communications services, exploring new technologies, platforms, tele-payment systems and joint media projects, is also taking on daunting new-age projects including the placement of live streaming feeds at Russian polling stations as well as working quickly to expand fiber-optic networks to the Sochi region, where the 2014 Winter Olympic Games are to take place.
Rostelecom, together with official wire information partner sponsor, ITAR-TASS, will be officiating, for a select group of US and UK private high net-worth investors, incubators, VCs, and banks, a series of lectures on Russian telecoms including its own new media project TASS-TELECOM (www.tasstelecom.ru), dedicated to report on all subjects related to telecoms in Russia, including cloud technologies, cellular networks, retail technologies, mass media and telecom cooperation, Internet expansion, licensing in the telecoms industry, transport and telecom, new gadgets, security, teleradio, and innovations in the telecom industry. The company will also present projects for direct investment from telecoms across Russia, including those owned by parent company Svyazinvest, which include cell network Skylink, the Russian state postal service, Southern telecoms, UTK, Giprosvyaz and a vast array of others.
Speakers at the conference provided by Rostelecom and ITAR-TASS will include Alexei Yeromin, Editor in Chief of TASS-Telecom, Chief Correspondent Kseniya Ivanova, Stanislav Borodin, Deputy General Director of Southern Telecoms, several top executives of Rostelecom itself, lead by Alexander Provotorov, Chairman of the Management Board, President, and member of the corporate governance and strategy committees. EuraMedia also expects members of the Ministry of Communications, a close ally of ITAR-TASS and Rostelecom, to be on hand.
David Reynolds, Media and Telecom equity analyst for the prestigious Jefferies Group which manages the assets of key high net-worth US investors, who is also speaking at the conference as well as hosting investors, reacted to this announcement with great enthusiasm, stating, "Russia is the fastest growing and most exciting digital market in Europe."
Many top investment analysts reiterated his enthusiasm, including VTB, Russia's largest private bank, where funds analyst Allen Polka said, "The SE on these businesses is like 5 or 6. They are tremendously undervalued. I think that Americans, especially, buy into the hype and are scared of Russia. It's like they are in this constant Cold War state. That's a major reason for this absurd devaluation in a market that has everything and is destined to grow tremendously, as it really has only just gotten started. Still, there is lack of trust. Russian financial institutions, like VTB, have to and thus do much more than Western ones to show they are compliant."
Steve Wozniak, a generally respected tech icon, said, "I am very excited to participate the EuraMedia Summit. Considering the current pace of technological advancement, an exchange of ideas between the US and Russia is critical." He advised that "Innovation is a product of collaboration," a statement which applies not only to the tech investment forum but the conference as a whole.
On behalf of ITAR-TASS and tasstelecom, Yeromin, who is generally regarded as an industry leader and visionary, commented that he "is proud to be part of such a prestigious and internationally well-regarded forum that will allow his agency to showcase both exciting new media projects and the newest cellular and combined new media-cellular technologies, ripe for foreign investment." On behalf of EuraMedia, Director Matthew Goldstein said, "I am exhilarated by the fact that such a iconic organizations as ITAR-TASS, Svyazinvest, and Rostelecom have decided to venture into the world of new media and am honored that they have chosen our forum as a platform for showcasing and garnering press and investment support in these forums."
Notes to Editor:
- EuraMedia Summit will take place June 13 - June 16, 2012 at The Seaport Hotel and World Trade Center located at 200 Seaport Blvd. in Boston, MA. For more information contact email@example.com
- The multi faceted summit will ultimately offer attendees access to the great and good in Russian business. They will hear from top industry speakers such as Steve Wozniak of Apple Computer Inc, learn from case studies of existing Western success stories doing business in Russia, intimately network to create future long term relationships, attend educational seminars to aid them in future business ventures with Russia and explore new business leads.
- A VIP networking opportunity; a black tie awards ceremony and charity event to be co-hosted by IDEA Media and famed actress Sarah Jessica Parker will also happen at the Summit. The awards, to be given out by top media executives as well as celebrities, will focus on the entertainment and media industries (both traditional and digital) and will honor pioneers from Russia and the CIS in these fields. The event also will feature an auction of vintage Soviet and US movie memorabilia and will benefit The Life Line Charity Fund.
- Matthew Goldstein, co-founder and principal of IDEA Consulting Inc. is a graduate of Phillips Academy Andover and a J.William Fulbright Scholar on Popular Culture and Youth Political Mobilization in the former Soviet space.
Press Center, EuraMedia
Matthew Goldstein - Matt@euramedia2012.com
SOURCE IDEA MEDIA