DUBLIN, June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wf4m98/risk_management) has announced the addition of the "Risk Management: Fixed & Mobile Enterprise Adoption Trends" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
Business reliance on communications is high and ever increasing. The integrity and reliability of fixed and mobile telecommunications infrastructure, and the information carried across the infrastructure, is essential to sustain business communications.
To this end, enterprises have a heightened sense of awareness about the vital nature of telecommunications and are taking measures to identify, quantify and mitigate risks that could prohibit the ability for the business to communicate or compromise the information being communicated.
Risk management practices related to telecommunications management have evolved as cloud computing and mobility have broadened the span of accessibility to business information. In this regard, the emphasis of risk management is primarily focused on information security and technical integrity. Financial risk associated with service unavailability is also a concern to be evaluated. Despite perceived technical and financial threats, enterprises vary widely in the actions they take to mitigate these risks. This research identifies adoption of risk management practices across a variety of topics commonly cited as potential threats to telecommunications, which could negatively impact the business.
This research explores enterprise risk management trends and adoption of risk management practices addressing:
- Contract and budget financial liability
- Infrastructure reliability
- Information and communications threats
- Telecom management supporting Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity
Anyone involved in fixed and mobile telecom management should read this report in order to understand:
- How are other organizations mitigating technical, operational and financial risk?
- Which industry verticals are most likely to be mitigating organizational risk?
- What percentage of companies have a Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity plan?
- What are the most prominent Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity strategies being deployed today?
- Who ultimately owns the assessment and monitoring of specific risk categories within an organization?
Along with answering these critical questions, this report provides the following benchmarks:
- Risk Management Activities Performed
- Financial Risk Avoidance Activities
- Loss of Productivity Risk Avoidance Activities
- Information Security Risk Avoidance Activities
- Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Plan Adoption - Overall
- Percentage of Organizations with a DR / BC Plan - By Company Size
- Specific DR / BC Strategies Deployed
- Mobile Device DR / BC Strategies
- Wireless Technology DR / BC Strategies
- Emergency Notification DR / BC Strategies
- Ownership of Assessing / Monitoring Risk
Study shows inconsistent adoption of telecommunications risk mitigation practices across enterprises today
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wf4m98/risk_management
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager.
U.S. Fax: +1-646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): 353-1-481-1716
Sector: Telecommunications and Networks
SOURCE Research and Markets