Team members in all regions celebrate company's commitment to community volunteerism by assisting and supporting local non-profits and charitable organizations
WESTFORD, Massachusetts, Oct. 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Ribbon Communications Inc. (Nasdaq: RBBN), a global leader in secure and intelligent cloud communications, today announced that employees around the world will be participating in community volunteer activities as part of the company's first annual Ribbon Day. Ribbon Day is a Global Day of Service during which Ribbon team members will spend assisting and supporting non-profit agencies and organizations all around the world.
"October 30th will be the one-year anniversary of a historic merger of two former leading technology companies Sonus and GENBAND, resulting in the creation of Ribbon Communications – so we wanted to mark this special occasion by encouraging our employees to spend what is typically a work day giving back to the communities in which they live and work," said Fritz Hobbs, President and Chief Executive Officer for Ribbon. "Volunteering at non-profit organizations and helping those in need is something that many of our employees are already very passionate about and volunteerism is a big part of our commitment to supporting our local communities. Providing our team members around the world with the opportunity to spend the day volunteering at organizations that mean the most to them is really what Ribbon Day is all about."
"We are honored to have the continued support of the Ribbon, and former GENBAND team as they join us once again for their Global Day of Service. They have volunteered with us in a number of capacities over the last eight years, ranging from helping at our annual Food Aid BBQ to supporting us in our warehouse," says Jo-Anne Turple, Ottawa Food Bank's Volunteer Coordinator. "With 38,400 people in our community who require emergency food assistance from their food bank, we wouldn't be able to do it without the support of our volunteers like the employees at Ribbon."
For updates on Ribbon Day activities please follow the hashtag #rbbnday.
Following is a list of planned volunteer activities in various global regions.
- The Plaza Senior Living Center (Richardson, Texas)
- Humane Society for Greater Nashua Animal Shelter
- Restore (Habitat for Humanity) (Nashua, New Hampshire)
- Boys and Girls Club of Greater Lowell
- Lowell Transitional Living Center
- Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry (Devens, Massachusetts)
- Cameron Senior Center (Westford, Massachusetts)
- Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina
- Durham Life and Science Museum
- Special Olympics of North Carolina
- Hope Reins (North Carolina)
- United Way – Teaming for Technology (North Carolina)
- GrowNYC (New York)
- Second Harvest Food Bank (Santa Clara, California)
- Ottawa-Carleton District School Board – Crystal Bay School for Special Education
- Ottawa Community Housing
- Ottawa Food Bank
- Ottawa Humane Society
- Silver Spring Farm (Ottawa)
- The Debra Dynes Family House (Ottawa)
- The Ottawa Mission
- The Shepherds of Good Hope (Ottawa)
- The Peace Ranch (Toronto)
Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
- The Queen Anne Royal Free CE First School (Maidenhead)
- Team Volunteer Event (Swindon)
- Business Run Charity – Relay for Cancer Research (Prague, Czech Republic)
- Municipal Kinder Play Area Clean-up (Russia)
- Cross Roads Foundation (Hong Kong)
- House with No Steps (Australia)
- Make a Wish Foundation India
- Andrew Charity Association Food Bank (Taipei)
- Morib Beach Clean-up (Kuala Lumpur)
Caribbean and Latin America
- Elementary School Donation and Visit (Mexico City)
- Lar Batista Esperança (Brazil)
- Santa Isabel Casa de Repouso (Brazil)
About Ribbon Communications
Ribbon Communications Inc. (Nasdaq: RBBN) is a company with two decades of market leadership experience in providing secure real-time communications solutions to the top service providers and enterprises around the globe. Built on world-class technology and intellectual property, Ribbon delivers highly reliable, unified and embedded real-time communications capabilities to customers in more than 25 countries and on 6 continents. The company transforms fixed, mobile and enterprise networks from legacy environments to all IP and fully virtualized, secure, cloud-based architectures, enabling highly productive communications for consumers and businesses. Ribbon's market-leading communications security solutions are based on a big data behavioral analytics platform and offer customers enhanced network intelligence and security. The company's Kandy Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) enables rapid service creation and digital transformation by delivering customers a comprehensive set of advanced embedded and unified communications capabilities. To learn more, visit ribboncommunications.com.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties, including statements regarding delivering value to customers. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Ribbon Communications' business, please refer to the "Risk Factors" section of Ribbon Communications' most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Ribbon Communications' views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Ribbon Communications' views as of any subsequent date. While Ribbon Communications may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Ribbon Communications specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
+1 (978) 614-8841
+1 (214) 695-2224
+1 (646) 741-1974
+1 (708) 383-3387
SOURCE Ribbon Communications Inc.