- System serves as replacement liner for military and law enforcement ballistic helmets
CLEVELAND, June 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Team Wendy, maker of leading-edge, multiple-application products that serve to protect against serious and potentially life-threatening impact-related injuries, has released the REVOLVE™ Helmet Liner System for military and law enforcement ballistic helmets. REVOLVE™ is a three-piece impact-mitigating system designed to be a replacement liner for most ballistic shells. It uses an array of engineered polymer structures along with a set of moisture wicking comfort pads to provide maximum protection, comfort, and stability.
REVOLVE™ Helmet Liner System features:
- Polymer structures largely born out of a U.S. Army Natick Soldier RD&E Center program
- Cylindrical geometry and material composition optimized for headborne impact protection
- Structures designed to act as the optimal crumple zone during impact – at the same time they provide an extremely stable, secure and comfortable interface with your ballistic helmet shell
- Constructed from a thermoplastic urethane (TPU) material that exhibits excellent toughness, abrasion and wear resistance, and microbial resistance
- Greatly improved airflow and ventilation beneath the helmet to minimize thermal burden
- Comfort pads that use a field-proven construction with internal Zorbium® foam sealed in a water-tight barrier, and encased with milspec outer wicking fabric
- Installs into standard ballistic helmets with hook-and-loop attachment
The REVOLVE™ liner system is available through TeamWendy.com and authorized Team Wendy distributors.
Jose Rizo-Patron, Team Wendy CEO: "The release of the REVOLVE™ liner delivers on the Team Wendy mission: Innovate to Protect. We are constantly looking at ways to continue to raise the bar on impact protection. With REVOLVE™, we are now able to offer men and women in uniform an unsurpassed level of impact protection for their ballistic helmets."
About Team Wendy
Team Wendy develops leading-edge products that serve to protect against serious and potentially life-threatening impact related injuries. Through its long-standing partnership with the U.S. military and the National Industries for the Blind (NIB), Team Wendy has supplied men and women in uniform with more than 5 million Zorbium® Action Pad (ZAP™) helmet pad systems since 2005. Team Wendy also actively collaborates with world-class universities and organizations to better understand the causes behind TBI and to develop products that focus on addressing what actually occurs during impact.
Connect with Team Wendy
CONTACT: Melanie Eyerman
SOURCE Team Wendy