Multi-Currency Digital Wallet for Travellers Now Available in Sweden, Norway, Finland & Denmark
STOCKHOLM and AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Rêv, a global payments innovations company, officially launched the SAS EuroBonus Travel Wallet™ in partnership with Mastercard and Scandinavian Airlines Group, one of Europe's top-ten airline groups. This mobile-first, multi-currency digital wallet offers broad functionality and is accompanied by a physical Mastercard prepaid card. With the SAS EuroBonus Travel Wallet™, users earn EuroBonus Extra points on qualifying purchases around the world and can access their accounts online via mobile and smartwatch applications.
The entrance of Travel Wallet™ into the Scandinavian market marks the celebration of a renewed multi-year agreement between Rêv, the Scandinavian Airlines Group and Mastercard. Along with the SAS EuroBonus loyalty programme, Travel Wallet™ will leverage Rêv's proprietary payments processing platform, multi-currency functionality, and programme management experience, as well as the Mastercard network for acceptance of online and offline transactions.
"SAS continuously strives to offer the very best to our customers across their entire travel experience. The EuroBonus Travel Wallet™ is a prepaid Mastercard, perfect for anyone who values convenient control over exchange rates and spend, while earning EuroBonus points on purchases in everyday life or during travel," says Johan Mägi, Head of EuroBonus at Scandinavian Airlines.
The new SAS EuroBonus Travel Wallet™ programme brings Nordic travelers the following benefits:
- Universal Acceptance. Mastercard acceptance at over 30 million merchants worldwide including ATMs, with a personalised Travel Wallet™ Mastercard, as well as a virtual card for high-security online purchases.
- Real-Time Foreign Exchange. Travel Wallet™ supports 13 currencies, including Swiss Franc, Danish Krone, Euro, British Pound, Hong Kong Dollar, Japanese Yen, Norwegian Krone, Polish Zloty, Singapore Dollar, Swedish Krona, Thai Baht, Turkish Lira, and United States Dollar. Users will enjoy converting currencies to lock-in rates before a trip with a few simple clicks on the Travel Wallet™ Mobile App or the Travel Wallet™ Web Account Centre.
- EuroBonus Extra Points On Every Purchase. Travel Wallet™ users are awarded EuroBonus Extra points on every purchase they make domestically or internationally, online and offline, at merchants around the world who accept Mastercard debit cards.
- Access to Mastercard Priceless Offers. The Mastercard Priceless Cities programme invites Travel Wallet™ account holders to participate in exclusive activities. The programme offers something for all types, including travellers who fancy entertainment, arts & culture, culinary events, and sporting events.
- Enhanced Account Security. The SAS Travel Wallet™ Mobile App allows for Touch ID or Face ID login functionality, making the entire Travel Wallet™ experience more secure. Additionally, account holders are able to block and unblock a Travel Wallet™ Card from the mobile and smartwatch apps at any time.
- Smartwatch Account Access. With the Travel Wallet™ Smartwatch App, users can access their accounts directly from their wrists -- literally -- at any time. The Travel Wallet™ Smartwatch App features a smart geolocation balance display, an easy access currency calculator, and a detailed view of the user's transaction history.
"We are pleased to extend our cooperation with Rêv and Scandinavian Airlines Group. With the launch of the SAS EuroBonus Travel Wallet, which comes with both a physical and virtual Mastercard, we facilitate easier and more secure payments on the trip. Consumers can feel they have control and feel confident that their payments are done in the most secure way, wherever they are," comments Erik Gutwasser, Regional Manager for Mastercard in the Nordics and Baltics.
Rêv Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer Roy Sosa noted, "The collaboration between the parties involved in bringing this program to market focussed on providing users the best travel payments experience possible. We look forward to seeing how travelers in Scandinavia respond to a product that helps their money go further along the way."
The SAS EuroBonus Travel Wallet™ Mastercard is available to all Travel Wallet™ account holders. The Card is issued by Catella Bank S.A., pursuant to a license by Mastercard International Inc., and subject to the Terms & Conditions available at www.sastravelwallet.com.
Rêv is a fintech company dedicated to delivering frictionless payment experiences to consumers worldwide. Its mobile prepaid and debit card solutions are powered by the company's proprietary multi-currency processing platform. With vast experience pioneering a number of industry firsts, Rêv is currently focused on products that disrupt the travel, currency exchange, and mobile banking sectors. Rêv has partnered with renowned airlines, banks and payment networks across the globe to launch products in North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia-Pacific. Learn more at www.revworldwide.com.
SAS carries more than 30 million passengers annually and is Scandinavia's leading airline with close to 800 daily flights on 272 routes to 123 destinations in Scandinavia, Europe, USA and Asia. SAS is a member of Star Alliance™ and can together with our partner airlines offer more than 18,400 daily flights to over 1,300 destinations around the world in 193 countries. For more information, visit www.flysas.com.
Mastercard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. Our global payments processing network connects consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone.