DUBLIN, Mar. 29, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Octadecanedioic Acid (ODDA) Market 2014 - 2024" report to their offering.
The global octadecanedioic acid (ODDA) market is anticipated to reach USD 9.4 million by 2024. Growing demand for renewable chemicals used to derive high value intermediate & end-use products is expected to support market growth over the coming years.
Traditionally, dibasic or dicarboxylic acids were produced through chemical reactions such as multistep butadiene oxidation which used petrochemical as a raw material. Initiatives undertaken to reduce dependency on petrochemical feedstock led to the development of biotechnological production methods, namely, microbial fermentation and metathesis.
Further expansions & investments in the biotechnological field are anticipated to facilitate commercial scale production of C18 dibasic acid through microbial fermentation. Vegetable oil is used as feedstock while using the biotechnological processes.
Rising ODDA demand from soaps & detergents and organic personal care products is projected to augment market growth over the forecast period. Developing economies such as India, China, South Korea and Japan are slated to emerge as the key end-use markets. Growing application scope in personal care and plastics is expected to augment product demand over the forecast period.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The application of octadecanedioic acid in coatings, adhesives, sealants, and elastomers (CASE) segment is projected to gain prominence across the world.
- Demand in the polyester polyols segment accounted for approximately 50% of the market volume in 2015.
- Advantages such as improved performance, reduced carbon footprint, and renewable content enable manufacturers to charge a green premium on products.
- Rising awareness of ecofriendly products and increasing government initiatives supporting measures towards sustainable environment is expected to propel market demand.
- Elevance Renewable Sciences, Inc.
- Croda International plc
- Cathay Industrial Biotech Ltd.
- TCI America
Key Topics Covered:
1 Methodology and Scope
2 Executive Summary
3 Octadecanedioic Acid Market Variables, Trends & Scope
4 Octadecanedioic Acid Market: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
5 Octadecanedioic acid Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
6 Octadecenedioic Acid Potential Market
7 Competitive Landscap
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tvhxfq/octadecanedioic
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets