DUBLIN, Feb. 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "India Television Market By Type (LED, OLED, LCD, Plasma), By Resolution (High Definition (HD, Full High Definition (FHD) and Ultra-High Definition (UHD)), Forecast & Opportunities, 2021" report to their offering.
The television market in India is anticipated to cross US$ 9 Billion by the end of 2021.
LED TV segment dominated the country's television market in 2015, and the segment is anticipated to maintain its dominance over the next five years as well.
From luxury to necessity, television has now become an integral part of the daily life. Over the period of time, the country's television market has seen numerous technological advancements - starting from cathode ray tube displays to flat panel displays. Growing middle class population, increasing disposable income and rising number of nuclear family are expected to aid the market of television in India during 2016-2021.
Moreover, with increasing focus of companies on innovations, excellent distribution channels and easy availability at every nook and cranny parts of the country, India television market is anticipated to grow at a robust pace over the span of next five years.
Unlike growing demand for small versions of consumer electronics products, the television industry in the country has been registering a reverse trend. In India, consumers are opting for big screen televisions for better viewing experience. In order to cash in on the growing demand for big screen televisions, manufacturers in the country are introducing them with features such as Smart, Curved and 3D at affordable prices, thereby expected to positively influencing the India television market during forecast period.
LED televisions are energy efficient due to the implementation of various dimming technologies which save power, or technology that turns off LED television, when not in use. Moreover, LED television provides better High Definition (HD) picture quality and refresh rate, in comparison to CRT and Plasma televisions. In 2015, south region was the largest demand generating region of televisions, followed by west region.
Few of the leading players operating in India television market include Panasonic, Videocon, Sony, LG, and Samsung, among others.
India Television Market 2011-2021 discusses the following aspects of India television market:
- India Television Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis - By Type (LED, LCD, Plasma & OLED), By Feature (Curved, 3D, Smart & Others), By Resolution (Ultra HD, Full HD & HD), By Size (Below 21, 22-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60 & 60 & Above), By End Use (Residential, Commercial, Institutional & Industrial), By Region, By Leading City, By Point of Sale (Multi Brand Retail Outlets (MBOs), Exclusive Brand Outlets (EBOs), Online Sales Channel & Supermarkets/Hypermarkets)
- Policy & Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Market Trends & Developments
- Growing Adoption of Big Screen Televisions
- Smart Televisions
- Energy Efficient Televisions
- Increasing Digitization
- Ultra-Size Projector Televisions
- Hitachi India Pvt. Ltd.
- Intex Technologies Ltd.
- LG Electronics India Pvt. Ltd.
- Micromax Informatics LTD.
- Panasonic India Pvt. Ltd.
- Philips India Ltd.
- Samsung Electronic Pvt. Ltd.
- Sharp India Ltd
- Sony India Pvt. Ltd.
- Videocon Industries Ltd.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m73pkl/india_television
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets