DUBLIN, June 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Wearable Computing: Technologies, Applications and Global Markets" report to their offering.
The global wearable computing market is expected to reach more than $171.2 billion in 2021, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 50%.
The scope of this report is broad and covers several product areas and market segments. Global market trends are analyzed with global market revenue data from 2015, estimates for 2016, and projections of market developments through 2021.
The report discusses recent technological advances in materials sciences, electronics, photonics and software that are enabling a potentially vast range of new lightweight wearable computing products to emerge.
The history and current state of the wearable computing market is reviewed and the types of devices available are discussed. An analysis of the industry structure, including major companies and their market shares and the major markets and their drivers is presented.
This includes an examination of consumer markets (i.e., wearable cameras, sports and activity trackers, smart clothing and textiles, smart glasses, smartwatches, entertainment and gaming) and non-consumer markets (i.e., healthcare, defense, security, enterprise, industrial, warehouse and logistics). Potential future industry developments are discussed and the future evolution of the technology is predicted. Patent evaluation, including coverage of the current state of technology, new patent applications and newly issued patents is also included.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global markets for wearable computing technologies and applications.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, estimates for 2016 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021.
- Discussion of recent technological advances in materials sciences, electronics, photonics and software that are enabling a potentially vast range of new lightweight, wearable computing products to emerge.
- Examination of the consumer markets (wearable cameras, sports and activity trackers, smart clothing and textiles, smart glasses, smart watches, entertainment and gaming) and nonconsumer markets (healthcare, defense and aerospace, enterprise and industrial, and warehouse and logistics).
- Patent evaluation, including coverage of the current state of technology, new patent applications, and newly issued patents.
- Profiles of major players in the industry
Companies Mentioned Include:
- 9Solutions Ltd.
- Adidas AG
- AIG Smart Clothing Inc.
- Aliphcom Inc.
- Fitbug Holdings Plc
- Lg Electronics
- Lumo Bodytech Inc.
- Mediatek Inc.
- Medtronic Inc.
- Meta Watch Ltd.
- Oryon Technologies Llc
- Soleus Running
- Wahoo Fitness
- Wellograph Inc.
- Withings Sas
- Zeal Optics Inc.
- Zephyr Technology Corp
4: Wearable Computing Product Categories
5: Wearable Computing Applications
6: Wearable Computing Technology
7: Industry Structure And Competitive Analysis
8: Company Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/49tr7v/wearable
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets