DUBLIN, June 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Sensors and Intelligent End-point Devices in IoT: Market Analysis and Forecast 2016 - 2021" report to their offering.
Sensors are used for detection of changes in the physical and/or logical relationship of one object to another(s) and/or the environment. Physical changes may include temperature, light, pressure, sound, and motion. Logical changes include the presence/absence of an electronically traceable entity, location, and/or activity. Within an Internet of Things (IoT) context, physical and logical changes are equally important.
Through 2021, business investments in sensors will shift to Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Sports and Fitness, Transport and Cargo and Utility due to increased confidence in using IoT and sensors for various purposes including industry automation, tracking and measuring events on real time basis, and remotely controlling things. This report assesses the overall sensor marketplace for IoT, evaluates leading vendors, identifies key IoT functionality in support of sensors, and forecasts the market for sensor adoption and revenue. The report covers three key areas within the sensor ecosystem:
- Sensors: H/W and S/W designed and Developed to Suit IoT deployments
- Protocols: Designed and developed to drive Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) in IoT
- Sensor Data: Through Sensor Fusion / Multi-sensing / Soft Sensors
The reader of this report will better understand the role of sensors in the Internet of Things (IoT) as well as their relationship to Intelligent Endpoints. The reader will also understand how edge computing is affecting IoT and how data management and Big Data technologies are impacted. The impact on data infrastructure and analytics is also covered. rt.
- Sensors deployed in IIoT will comprise 64% of total sensors used in IoT
- EMEA will outpace the market with demand of 18.8 billion smart sensors in 2021 with a CAGR of 51.7%.
- North America ranks second in buying smart sensors with 16.4 billion units by 2021 with a CAGR of 50.1%
- The overall market in APAC for smart sensors will grow to 7.9 billion smart sensors with a CAGR of 54.8%
- 365 Agile Limited (365 Agile Group Plc)
- Ambiq Micro
- B+B SmartWorx
- Bosch Connected Devices and Solutions GmbH (BCDS)
- Digi International
- Fairchild Semiconductors International
- LeddarTech Inc.
- NYCE Sensors Inc.
- Nanjing IoT Sensor Technology Co., Ltd.
- Open Sensors Ltd.
- Sensata Technologies
- Seraphim Sense Ltd.
- Silicon Laboratories, Inc.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Wovyn LLC.
2 Executive Summary
4 Sensor Technology and Developments
5 Sensors and Intelligent Endpoint Outlook and Forecasts
6 Future of Sensors in IoT
7 Companies and Solutions
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wmhxgt/sensors_and
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets