DUBLIN, August 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Pigments Market By Type (Inorganic, Organic and Specialty), By Application (Paints and Coatings, Plastics, Printing Inks, Construction and Others), Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011-2021" report to their offering.
Global pigments market size is estimated to cross US$ 34 billion by 2021
Segment-wise, inorganic pigments dominated the overall market in 2015, and this trend is anticipated to continue through 2021.
Pigments are black, white or colored solid materials used to improve the appearance or impart color to the medium in which they are used. Pigments are broadly classified into three categories, namely, inorganic, organic and speciality pigments.
They are widely used in a broad range of applications including paints & coatings (for development of architectural, decorative and protective coatings), plastic packaging industry, personal care packaging, pharmaceutical packaging, personal care, printing ink, construction sector (for colored construction material), automotive industry (for automotive paints & coatings) and consumer appliances.
During 2016-2021, the demand for pigments is anticipated to be largely influenced by paints & coatings industry and construction sector, which are witnessing steady growth on account of rising purchasing power of consumers and expanding middle class population across the globe, especially in major developing economies.
Inorganic pigments are widely used in paints & coatings and plastics to provide various functional properties such as heat stabilization, antistatic, flame retardants, anti-block and UV stabilization. In 2015, Asia-Pacific region dominated the global pigments market, owing to huge presence of paints & coatings, plastics, construction and printing ink industries, coupled with increasing investments across diverse industry verticals.
Few of the major companies operating in the global pigments market include BASF, Clariant, Huntsman, Tronox, and Lanxess, among others.
Market Trends and Developments
- Shifting of Preference towards Organic Pigments
- Expansion in Production Capacity
- Growing Merger & Acquisition Activities
- New Product Launches
- Advent of Eco-Compatible Pigments
- Shift in Manufacturing Bases towards Asia Pacific Region
- Specialized Pigments for Cool-Colored Coatings
- Increased Use of Pre-dispersed Pigments
Key Topics Covered:
1. Research Methodology
2. Product Overview
3. Analyst View
4. Global Pigments Market Overview
5. Global Pigments Market Outlook
6. Global Inorganic Pigments Market Outlook
7. Global Organic Pigments Market Outlook
8. Global Specialty Pigments Market Outlook
9. Asia-Pacific Pigments Market Outlook
10. Europe Pigments Market Outlook
11. North America Pigments Market Outlook
12. Middle East & Africa Pigments Market Outlook
13. South America Pigments Market Outlook
14. Market Dynamics
15. Market Trends and Developments
16. Competitive Landscape
17. Strategic Recommendations
- BASF SE
- Cabot Corporation
- Cathay Industries
- Clariant International Ltd.
- DIC Corporation
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours & Co.
- ECKART GmbH
- Ferro Corporation
- Flint Group
- Huntsman International LLC
- Kronos Worldwide, Inc.
- LANSCO COLORS
- LANXESS AG
- Merck KGaA
- Orion Engineered Carbons S.A.
- Silberline Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- Sudarshan Chemical Industries Ltd.
- Tata Pigments Ltd.
- The Shepherd Color Company
- Tronox Limited
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kmqdmb/global_pigments
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets