DUBLIN, July 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gfk8tb/reproductive) has announced the addition of the "Reproductive Genetic Diagnostics - Advances in Carrier Screening, Preimplantation Diagnostics and POC Testing ( Boston, MA - 18th/19th November 2015)" conference to their offering.
Rapidly evolving technologies are transforming the way reproductive genetic diagnostics and screening are performed, but the differences, limitations, and benefits of these new technologies remain unclear to some. Cambridge Healthtech Institute's Inaugural Reproductive Genetic Diagnostics conference aims to examine the latest technologies, including next-generation sequencing (NGS) and quantitative PCR, and their benefits and applications in carrier screening, preimplantation diagnostics, and product of conception (POC) testing.
As these technologies develop and become widespread, we must understand their capabilities, where each technology is best applied, and be sure that they have been analytically and clinically validated. Furthermore, as the technology outpaces practices, we must take a critical eye to the ethical implications of the applications of these technologies, including the regions of the genome that should be sequenced and the types and amount of sequence variation that is necessary for diagnosis. Join this event with your colleagues to meet with clinicians, researchers, developers, and key thought leaders and to examine these topics.
- Alejandro Ocampo, Ph.D., Research Associate, Gene Expression Laboratory - Belmonte, Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- Brynn Levy, Professor, Pathology & Cell Biology at CUMC; Director, Clinical Cytogenetics Laboratory; Co-Director, Division of Personalized Genomic Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University Medical Center, and the New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Catherine Racowsky, Professor, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Biology, Harvard Medical School; Director, IVF Laboratory, Brigham & Women's Hospital
- Denny Sakkas, Ph.D., Scientific Director, Boston IVF
- Emre Seli, M.D., Yale School of Medicine
- Eugene Pergament, M.D., Ph.D., FACMG, Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern; Attending, Northwestern University Medical School Memorial Hospital
- Farideh Bischoff, Ph.D., Executive Director, Scientific Affairs at Silicon Biosystems, Inc.
- Jamie Grifo, M.D., Ph.D., Program Director, New York University Fertility Center; Professor, New York University Langone Medical Center
- Joe Leigh Simpson, M.D., President for Research and Global Programs, March of Dimes Foundation
- Mache Seibel, M.D., Professor, OB/GYN, University of Massachusetts Medical School; Editor, My Menopause Magazine; Author, The Estrogen Window
- Mary Ann W. Campion, EdD, MS, CGC, Director, Master's Program in Genetic Counseling; Assistant Dean, Graduate Medical Sciences; Assistant Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Boston University School of Medicine
- Michael A. Lee, MS, TS, ELD (ABB), Director of Laboratories, Fertility Solutions
- Nathan Treff, Director, Molecular Biology Research, Reproductive Medicine Associates of New Jersey; Associate Professor, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School; Adjunct Faculty Member, Department of Genetics, Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey
- Nicholas Collins, MS, CGC, Manager, Reproductive Health Specialists, Counsyl
- Peter Benn, Professor, Department of Genetics and Genome Sciences, University of Connecticut Health Center
- Rebekah S. Zimmerman, Ph.D., FACMG, Director, Clinical Genetics, Foundation for Embryonic Competence
- Tanmoy Mukherjee, M.D., Assistant Clinical Professor, Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Science, Mount Sinai Hospital
- Xiaoliang Sunney Xie, Ph.D., Mallinckrodt Professor, Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gfk8tb/reproductive
Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets