DALLAS, October 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
ReportsnReports adds 'Contactless Payments: Waving Cash Goodbye' to its store. This report examines the latest developments for contactless payments. It presents data on the potential market size, analyses consumer holding and usage, captures competitor developments, and presents key lessons for issuers to push contactless into the mainstream. Explore the complete Table of Contents and more details on the report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/135180-contactless-payments-waving-cash-goodbye.html
- The potential market for contactless payments is huge. Contactless Payments Opportunity Model puts the global addressable market for contactless at €2.1tn ($2.9tn) per year, equal to around 26% of the value of POS transactions currently made in the countries covered by the model.
- Globally, 20% of consumers report that they currently hold a contactless payment card from their bank. However, of these 5% claim that they do not use it. Despite these positive signs, nearly a third of consumers (32%) claim that that they have not heard of contactless, highlighting the low awareness levels that persist among consumers.
- Open-loop ticketing on public transport represents a significant opportunity to boost awareness and usage of general purpose contactless cards. Numerous transport authorities globally are investigating the possibilities offered by contactless. These include the Toronto Transport Commission in Canada and Transport for London in the UK.
Features and benefits
- Draws on Datamonitor's Contactless Payments Opportunity Model to size the addressable market for contactless payments in 62 countries.
- Utilizes Datamonitor's Financial Services Consumer Insight Survey to analyze contactless card holding, usage and awareness.
- Provides a global round-up, by region, of competitor developments in contactless card issuance.
- Presents a contactless attractiveness ranking for 50 countries from Datamonitor's Contactless Payments Opportunity Model and Global Payment Card data.
- Highlights key lessons for issuers to boost consumer awareness and usage of contactless payments.
Request for a sample and get your copy of the report 'Contactless Payments: Waving Cash Goodbye' @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/135180-contactless-payments-waving-cash-goodbye.html
Other New Reports available on following with ReportsnReports.com:
- Wealth Management Competitor Tracker: September 2011 @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/135179-wealth-management-competitor-tracker-september-2011.html
- Lessons in Lifecycle Management @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/135184-lessons-in-lifecycle-management.html
- Biosimilars: India Update @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/135186-biosimilars-india-update.html
- Global Home Entertainment Market @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/135192-global-home-entertainment-market.html
- UK Annual Forecasts 2010-15: Retail and the Economy @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/135189-uk-annual-forecasts-201015-retail-and-the-economy.html
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research library of 135,000+ reports and in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe. We provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers. Visit http://www.reportsnreports.com/ for more details.
7557 Rambler road,
Suite 727, Dallas, TX 75231
Visit our Market Research Blog @ http://www.reportsnreportsblog.com/
Connect with us on:
Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/marketsreports
Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReportsnReports/191441427571689
LinkedIn @ http://www.linkedin.com/company/reportsnreports