LONDON, January 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Remotely operated vehicles (ROVs) are an integral part of almost all underwater activity conducted by the energy industry. The offshore industry of today could not function without them as ROVs perform crucial installation, inspection, maintenance, and decommissioning of subsea infrastructure. As activities in the offshore environment become more complex and the volume of such tasks increases, so does the demand on ROVs. Consequently, visiongain forecasts strong spending growth on ROV services and new builds.
Europe is the only region that will see declining demand for ROV services as North Sea production and drilling activity declines. However, decommissioning and maintenance activity supports spending levels.
Deepwater and ultra-deepwater E&P is underpinning spending on ROV services. Drill support activity and the installation of subsea infrastructure are then complemented by inspection and maintenance activity. The drive to enhance the life of reservoirs is also increasing the amount of tasks performed per year by the current ROV fleet. Utilisation rates are up and the fleet continues to expand year-on-year.
Ageing infrastructure is increasing the amount of decommissioning and maintenance activity required offshore. Higher safety standards, especially in North America post-Macondo, are also increasing the frequency with which such activities are executed. To carry out such work, more ROVs are needed.
Offshore gas developments, especially offshore Australia, in the Eastern Mediterranean and East Africa, are creating new demand for ROV services. They are trends that will play a larger role determining ROV spending in the future as the cost of extracting and processing gas from remote offshore fields has a lower cost burden (re FLNG).
Visiongain calculates that spending on ROVs will total $2,496m in 2014. The ROV market is composed of spending on (1) ROV operations and services and (2) new build ROVs. The latter is driven by demand for the former, although low retirements for ROVs and the ability to improve and adapt current vehicles puts a downward pressure on new build spending.
Why you should buy The Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV) in the Energy Industry 2014-2024
What is the future of the remotely operated vehicles market? Visiongain's comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrates new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
Avoid falling behind your competitors, missing critical business opportunities or losing industry influence. In our new report you will discover forecasts from 2014-2024 for ROV services and new builds divided by ROV type and region. The report also comprehensively lays out the market drivers and restrainers, risks and trends, and leading companies and their strategies in order to help the reader make a balanced decision regarding their investment or involvement. Read on to discover the future market prospects for the ROV market.
Why choose visiongain business intelligence?
Visiongain's increasingly diverse sector coverage strengthens our research portfolio. The growing cross-sector convergence of key verticals and the interplay of game changing technologies across hitherto unrelated industries are creating new synergies, resulting in new business opportunities for you to leverage.
As such, visiongain's team of London based in-house analysts offer a wealth of knowledge and experience to inform your strategic business decisions. Let visiongain guide you.
We guarantee that you will receive key information which will benefit you in the following way
• View market forecasts and analysis of ROV new builds and services from 2014-2024 to keep your knowledge ahead of your competition and ensure you exploit key business opportunities
- The report provides detailed spending projections for the market ($US), the competitors, and the commercial drivers and restraints allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition to market forecasts from 2014-2024, our new study shows current market data, and market shares.
- You will also discover original critical analysis, revealing insight into commercial developments.
• Why struggle to find key market data? Why miss crucial information? Our comprehensive report provides instant market insight
- Our 201 page report provides 156 tables, charts and graphs. Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of the current and future ROV market prospects.
- This analysis will enable quicker, easier understanding. You will also gain from our analyst's industry expertise, allowing you to demonstrate your authority on the ROV sector.
• Visiongain is one of the few business intelligence companies that provide full transcripts of primary research company interviews. Be part of this knowledge. Learn what industry thought leaders are thinking. Leaders hold critical information
- By reading the exclusive expert interviews contained in the report you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. Don't fall behind. You will gain a thorough knowledge of the ROV sector, finding strategic advantages for your work and learning how your organisation can benefit.
- Read the full transcript of an exclusive expert opinion interview from a leading ROV industry specialist informing your understanding and allowing you to assess prospects for investments and sales:
• Understand the prospects for the leading regional ROV markets, in spending on new builds and services, as well as a breakdown of spending on different types of ROV - where will the greatest spending and best opportunities occur?
• Highlights of the report include:
- Forecast and analysis for the global ROV market
- Forecast and analysis for spending by the energy industry on global ROV operations and services market, together with the following geographical regions, from 2014 to 2024:
• Asia Pacific
• North America
• Rest of the World
• South America
- Forecast and analysis of CAPEX on ROV new builds for the energy industry from 2014 to 2024, including spending by the following geographical regions:
• North America
- Forecast and analysis for CAPEX on Observation, Inspection and Light Work-Class ROVs for the energy industry.
- Forecast and analysis for CAPEX on Medium and Heavy Work-Class ROVs for the energy industry.
- Forecast and analysis for CAPEX on AUV new builds for the energy industry from 2014 to 2024.
- A barriers to entry analysis by:
• geographical market space in which ROVs will be utilised
• new build ROV type
- PEST analysis of the market
- Expert opinion from a key-opinion leader within the market
- Analysis of leading companies operating in the market and an assessment of their future outlook.
- A breakdown of the current ROV fleet by
• ROV type
• ROV operator
- Forecasts of future ROV fleet numbers by operator.
- Specification of main decommissioning legislation driving ROV spending in each region
- Specification of main current subsea installation and drilling projects by region, with current status
• Explore the factors affecting product developers, and everyone within the value chain. Learn about the forces influencing market dynamics.
- Receive a PEST analysis identifying the political, economic, sociological and technological factors affecting spending in the ROV market from 2014 onwards:
- Oil price considerations
- The importance of government regulations
- Emerging trends in the offshore environment, such as the mobile offshore drilling, decommissioning and deepwater and ultra-deepwater markets.
• Identify who the leading companies are in the ROV market
- Our report reveals the most important companies in the market and provides an assessment of the future outlook for each. In particular, by exploring and analysing the activities of these companies you can see where the expected gains will be. Gain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape with profiles of the 16 leading ROV manufacturers and operators worldwide, examining their ROV products, fleet and future prospects:
- Canyon Offshore
- DeepOcean Group
- DOF Subsea
- Forum Energy Technologies
- Halling Marine
- IKM Subsea
- Oceaneering International
- Saab Seaeye
- Schilling Robotics
- Soil Machine Dynamics (SMD)
- Subsea 7
Discover Information found nowhere else in this independent assessment of the ROV market
The Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV) in the Energy Industry 2014-2024 report provides impartial ROV market analysis. With the independent business intelligence found only in our work, you will discover where the prospects are for profit. In particular, our new research provides you with key strategic advantages: Our informed forecasts, independent and objective analysis, and exclusive interview and revealing company profiles will provide you with that necessary edge, allowing you to gain ground over your competitors.
With this report you are less likely to fall behind in knowledge or miss crucial business opportunities. You will save time and receive recognition for your market insight. See how this report could benefit you and enhance your research, analysis, company presentations and ultimately your individual business decisions and your company's prospects.
What makes this report unique?
Visiongain consulted widely with leading industry experts and a full transcript of an exclusive interview with Saab-Seaeye is included within the report.
Visiongain's research methodology involves an exclusive blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments. The report therefore presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including forecasts by ROV type and ROV services by region from 2014-2024
The forecasts in this report utilise a method that focuses on synthesising and translating a range of factors and data points to quantify spending on ROVs going forward; the most important of these include: ROV dayrate dynamics, utilisation rates, the cost of different types of ROV, learning curve cost reductions, the current ROV fleet make-up, macro factors affecting CAPEX in the offshore industry, and the amount and types of projects and hours required of ROVs given current and anticipated future workload. For emphasis: it is the synthesis and attribution of relative importance to each of the above elements (as well as regional trends) through which the forecast is created.
How the Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV) in the Energy Industry 2014-2024 report can benefit you
Visiongain's report is for anyone requiring analysis of the market for ROVs in the energy industry. The report looks at CAPEX on ROV new builds by type and ROV services by region. You will discover market forecasts, technological trends, predictions and expert opinion providing you with independent analysis derived from our extensive primary and secondary research. Only by purchasing this report will you receive this critical business intelligence revealing where CAPEX growth is likely and where the lucrative potential market prospects are. Don't miss this key opportunity to gain a competitive advantage.
If you buy our report today your knowledge will stay one step ahead of your competitors. Discover how our report could benefit your research, analyses and strategic decisions, saving you time. To gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market and stay one step ahead of the competition you must order our report The Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) in the Energy Industry 2014-2024. Avoid missing out - order our report now.
To request an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : +44(0)20-7336-6100
AF Decom Offshore
AGR Field Operations Holdings AS
Antrim Energy Inc.
ATP Oil & Gas
Blade Petroleum Ltd.
Bridge North Sea
Canadian Natural Resources (CNR)
Chubu Electric Power
CNOOC China Limited
CTC Marine Projects
Deep Ocean Engineering Inc.
Det Norske Oljeselskap ASA
Energy Resource Technology
ENI UK Ltd
EOG Resources Inc.
Forum Energy Technologies
Fugro Subsea Services Limited
Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation
Heerema Marine Contractors
Helix Energy Solutions Group
Inpex Browse Ltd
Integrated Subsea Services
International Submarine Engineering
iSurvey Group AS
Kuwait Foreign Petroleum
Marathon Oil UK
MR Subsea KS
Neptune Marine Services
Oaktree Capital Management
PDL Solutions Ltd
Perenco Oil and Gas
Rialto Energy Ltd
Saab Underwater Systems AB
Semisubmersible Systems Inc.
SMD (Soil Machine Dynamics)
SNK Ocean Co. Ltd.
Soil Machine Dynamics (SMD)
Sub-Dimension Engineering Ltd
Superior Energy Services
Teledyne RD Instruments
The MacArtney Underwater Technology Group
Total E&P Australia
TS Marine Group Holdings Pty Ltd
Veolia Marine Services
Wood Group PSN