FELTON, California, Feb. 12, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global recycled plastics market is expected to reach USD 54.57 billion by 2025. Rising environmental concerns coupled with a stringent framework to reduce carbon footprint and conserve energy, as recycling consumes around 80.0% less energy than producing new plastic, are expected to drive the market in the near future. Its usage is expected to increase in multiple sectors, including packaging and automotive. Multiple companies including Nestlé' and Volvo plan to use recycled plastic. Nestlé' plans to make 100% of its packaging reusable by 2025, while Volvo plans to have recycled plastics account for around 25% of all plastics used in its new vehicles from 2025.
The plastic recycling rate is expected to witness growth over the next few years. By the end of 2030, it is expected that around 300 million tons of plastic will be recycled, if the current flow of landfill and its incineration is managed, re-directed, and well-captured.
Recycled polyethylene (PE) dominated the market with more than 29.0% volume share in 2017. PE is widely used in manufacturing reusable bags, toys, trays, agriculture films, food packaging films, milk bottles, shampoo bottles, containers and housewares. Increasing collection volume coupled with the increasing adoption of automation in the sorting and processing of waste plastic in countries including the U.S. and Germany has led to the growth in PE recycling.
Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) bottles are 100% recyclable and are considered an attractive material for recycling owing to low recycling cost. Increasing adoption of plastics including PET as a lightweight material is expected to have a positive impact on the market.
Packaging is expected to reach 34.67 million tons by the end of 2025. Increasing consumption of packed food coupled with the trend of food take away and delivery services in countries including China, India and Brazil is expected to remain one of the key factors adding to the growth of the market in the near future.
Electrical & electronics market is also among the key contributors to the growth of the market. Some of the key products that present a promising growth opportunity for the market include digital cameras, camcorders, personal computers, video game consoles, and mobile phones. Replicating the efforts to reduce carbon footprint, Samsung plans to use recycled plastics and paper for packaging its mobile phones and home appliances from the first half of 2019. The company also plans to use 500 thousand tons of recycled plastic by 2030.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Recycled Plastics Market Size And Forecast, by Product (PET, PE, PP), by Application (Packaging, Building & Construction, Automotive, Electrical & Electronics), and Segment Forecast, 2015 - 2025" at: https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-report/recycled-plastics-market
Europe has various frameworks on carbon footprints and energy conservation. Various industries in the region including packaging to personal care and automotive have committed to reducing their carbon footprint by using sustainable packaging and reducing virgin plastic usage. The European Commission has formulated its vision which states that by 2030, all plastic packaging in the EU will be either reusable or can be recycled.
The market is fragmented with the presence of multiple recycling firms. Some of the companies in the market include KW Plastics, Veolia, Jayplas, SUEZ, B. Schoenberg & Co., Inc., Plastipak Holdings, Inc., CUSTOM POLYMERS, Green Line Polymers, Clear Path Recycling, and B&B Plastics, Inc.
Browse related reports by Hexa Research:
- Hot Melt Adhesive (HMA) Market - The global hot melt adhesive (HMA) market is expected to be valued around USD 9.7 billion over the forecast period and it is anticipated to grow at an approximate CAGR of over 6% over the forecast period of 2016 to 2024. Strong demand in the construction sector is expected to be a key driver for the growth of HMA.
- Epoxy Surface Coating Market - The global epoxy surface coating market size is expected to be valued at USD 26.0 Billion in 2016 and it is anticipated to grow at an approximate CAGR of over 5% over the forecast period 2016 to 2024. Demand for waterborne epoxy coating is expected to be a key driver for the growth of the market.
- Ultraviolet (UV) Curable Resin Market - Projected to grow at a CAGR of more than 9%, UV Curable Resin market is to witness a significant growth over the forecast period owing to strict government regulations on VOC emission into the environment and technological progress in chemical curing market. Conventional adhesives have hydrocarbon solvents which upon curing release hydrocarbon in the environment.
- Synthetic And Bio Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) Films Market - Thermoplastic polyurethane belongs to the class of polyurethane plastics. The increasing usage of synthetic and bio thermoplastic films in the automotive industry is expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
Hexa Research has segmented the recycled plastics market report based on product, application and region:-
- Segmentation by product:
- Segmentation by application:
• Building & Construction
• Electrical & Electronics
- Segmentation by region:
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Central & South America
• Middle East & Africa
- Key players analyzed:
• KW Plastics
• B. Schoenberg & Co., Inc.
• Plastipak Holdings, Inc.
• CUSTOM POLYMERS
• Green Line Polymers
• Clear Path Recycling
• B&B Plastics Inc
About Hexa Research
Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
SOURCE Hexa Research