LONDON, October 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Top universities in the Arab Region revealed
QS Quacquarelli Symonds, global higher education analysts, have today released the third edition of the QS University Rankings: Arab Region. The table is the most extensive guide to the performance of 100 universities in 15 Arabic-speaking countries. This year's ranking sees King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) lose its top spot for the first time ever. It is replaced by Lebanon's American University of Beirut.
- Saudi Arabia is still home to three of the region's top four universities. KFUPM remains 2nd; it is followed by King Saud University (3rd) and King Abdul Aziz University (4th);
- There is one new entrant into the top ten: Oman's Sultan Qaboos University (now 10th);
- Saudi Arabia is the most-represented nation in the rankings, with 21 universities among the top 100;
- It is followed by Egypt and Jordan (13 universities each), the United Arab Emirates (12 universities), Iraq (11 universities), and Lebanon (8 universities);
- United Arab Emirates University enters the top five, rising from 6th to 5th;
Table 1: QS World University Rankings 2018: Arab Region (Top 10) 2018 2017 Institution Name Country/ Territory 1 2 AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF BEIRUT (AUB) LB 2 1 KING FAHD UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM & MINERALS (KFUPM) SA 3 3 KING SAUD UNIVERSITY (KSU) SA 4 4 KING ABDUL AZIZ UNIVERSITY (KAU) SA 5 6 UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY AE 6 5 AMERICAN UNIVERSITY IN CAIRO EG 7 9 QATAR UNIVERSITY QA 8 7 AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF SHARJAH AE 9 8 UNIVERSITY OF JORDAN JO 10 11 SULTAN QABOOS UNIVERSITY OM (c) QS Quacquarelli Symonds 2004-2017 http://www.TopUniversities.com/. All rights reserved.
QS use a unique methodology to calculate this ranking. The methodology is designed to account for the unique challenges facing the region's universities, and features 9 indicators. These indicators are:
- Academic Reputation;
- Employer Reputation;
- Faculty/Student Ratio;
- Citations per Faculty;
- Citations per Paper;
- International Faculty Ratio;
- Staff with PhD;
- International Student Ratio;
- Web Impact.
A detailed methodology document can be found at http://www.TopUniversities.com.
The full rankings can be found at http://www.TopUniversities.com.
SOURCE QS Quacquarelli Symonds