YORK, England, February 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- PURENET - the rapidly expanding e-commerce solutions and digital marketing firm headquartered at York Science Park IT Centre is celebrating after being named winner of the E-Business Solution Provider category at the IT Europa European IT Excellence Awards 2011. The prize was given to PureNet for the B2B and B2C e-commerce solution delivered to their client Academia, a leading supplier of software, hardware and training goods and services to the education and non-profit sectors.
The European IT Excellence Awards are the only pan-European awards which recognise the crucial role that independent software vendors and solution providers play in the delivery of real world solutions, and attracted entries from 31 countries. 62 organisations from 22 countries made the finals, with the winners being selected by an independent panel of consultants and editors.
The judges praised the quality of the submission, and the company's innovative e-commerce offering, demonstrating PureNet's depth of talent resulting in a successful, sustainable and profitable online business for Academia. The company sells exclusively online, making Academia's e-commerce platform essential to their business success. The solution supports the Academia team in administrating their large portfolio of products and allows their account managers and customers to create sales quotations with personalised pricing. In addition, functionality extends to full integration into Academia's existing fulfilment processes and accounts system.
PureNet's chief executive, Dr. Paul Gibson, said: "This award is a testament to the hard work and commitment of everyone within our business. It is an honour to win this award, coming as it does on the back of one of our strongest ever periods of growth. Given the calibre of the other finalists, we're delighted. Our thanks go to IT Europa, the award judges, and to Academia and our other clients for their continued support."
This press release is available online at http://www.purenet.co.uk/PureNet-Wins-E-Business-Solution-Award.
Notes for Editors
1. For media enquiries relating to PureNet, please contact Richard Smith, Digital Marketing Manager on +44(01904)898-444 or email email@example.com.
2. PureNet is a multi-award winning provider of world-class Business Intelligence, Enterprise eCommerce Solutions and Custom Web & Mobile Solutions for leading names in Retail, Manufacturing, Wholesale, Higher Education and Finance. More information about PureNet is available at http://www.purenet.co.uk.
3. Customers choose PureNet for its ability to design, build, manage, market and integrate business-led solutions that add significant competitive value to their day-to-day activities.
4. PureNet has an experienced team with a combined experience of over 50 years within both retail and B2B industries, who can tailor an e-commerce solution that is right for their clients.
5. PureNet's approach is consultancy-led and they aim to add value to every eCommerce project to help their clients achieve a successful online solution that will maximise revenue potential.
6. PureNet's existing clients include a diverse portfolio of names such as Academia, Ride-Away, BuyShedsDirect, BuyFencingDirect, BuyDeckingDirect, Parker Merchanting, Cargo Homeshop, Birmingham City Football Club, Gaffertape.com, Naturally Bespoke, Prostar Sportswear, Crewroom, Ritchey ID and Fearing.
7. PureNet will soon be launching e-commerce solutions for bicycle distributor, Saddleback, health supplement supplier, Syncro Health and landscape, forestry and construction supplier, Green Tech.